I drank nail varnish remover Watch

This discussion is closed.
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Ynox)
you won't get tuberculosis through drinking perfume.....
oh right, well I dont know what its called then, water in lungs :confused:
thatguy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Have you noticed how much some toilet/bathroom cleaner bottles look exactly like mouthwash bottles? It's like they're trying to trick us!
Sync
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Useless fact:

If you accidently drink antifreeze, then the cure is whiskey/gin shots. The antifreeze isn't dangerous until the liver breaks it down, but if you have a shot of whiskey an hour, the liver is so busy breaking down the alcohol it doesn't break down the antifreeze, and you're alright........it's a good way to get free shots on the NHS though.....
thatguy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SyncMaster_770)
Useless fact:

If you accidently drink antifreeze, then the cure is whiskey/gin shots. The antifreeze isn't dangerous until the liver breaks it down, but if you have a shot of whiskey an hour, the liver is so busy breaking down the alcohol it doesn't break down the antifreeze, and you're alright........it's a good way to get free shots on the NHS though.....
Haha... I remember revising that for biology. Its basically because the alcohol acts as a competitive inhibitor to the enzyme that breaks down the antifreeze, and gives the antifreeze a chance to pass out of your body.

Some wines have illegally been mixed with antifreeze in the past to increase their volume - the antifreeze does not alter the taste as much as water would, and the ethanol counteracts the poisoning effect of the antifreeze. I'm pretty sure people still got sick though, or it wouldn't be illegal.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (116)
72.96%
No (43)
27.04%

Watched Threads