Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Motoring Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tofufi)
    Hi All - I'm new here, but a bit of a petrolhead (older cars anyway)

May I join?

My '65 VW beetle:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...arp-arc/05.jpg

And my current project, a '71 VW camper.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...n/CIMG6357.jpg

Both are destined to go lower and faster in the future. Shiny paint too :rolleyes:
    Nice

I am currently working on a 72 1200 beetle..

Mike.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a Gallardo yesterday! I love those cars.

ReputationRep:
    If were going into that, I got overtaken by a DB9 and drove a Defender Competition Spec superlight V8. Rar.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see Astons quite often so they're not as special anymore ... I used to see one outside work everyday but I haven't seen it for a while now. The Gallardo was the first I've ever seen in real life :p:

ReputationRep:
    There is one around here, I just aint seen in in a while. Its a Mercialago though. Yellow, comes out very occasionally... The guy me and my dad bought our defender off had one of the first Bentley Continental GT's in the country! You know where the money is....

ReputationRep:
    Gallardo's are very common around here. A few blocks down in my street, and we have a 21 year old owning one (multi-colour). To be fair, he's a nice guy; not the daddy sort of guy. I remember seeing his face when I asked if he wanted a lift home, to which he said 'I've brung my car'. Going back up the road, and we have this dude flashing lights at me, with him sticking his thumb up at me - yep, that was his Gallardo, and I just offered him a lift in my ****ter of a six lol.

Not enough Murcielago's however! But then, £180,000 can get you a F575 or a Vanquish, which I would prefer. Vanquish are quite common as well, but not so much 575 (or 550). Brother's boss actually just picked up a 550 Barchetta (original), with uprated cams etc. Owned by very famous singer before him! Traded in his Z8 which is now on autotrader.

But it's all about the Carerra GT

ReputationRep:
    How much do Gallardos cost then?

ReputationRep:
    £100,000. For that I would rather a 997 Turbo or the DB9 or even the F430

ReputationRep:
    DB9 > Gallardo Aren't DB9's 109k though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vector)
    DB9 > Gallardo Aren't DB9's 109k though?
    They are, but after you've stuck on the options, it's more like 130k, and that applies for all of the cars in this bracket. I would say 100k-109k - same thing. But lets be honest - 9k isn't small to us post/under grad students!

ReputationRep:
    That's true... You could always get a DB9 on eBay :p:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-43-scale-Sol...QQcmdZViewItem?

ReputationRep:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-ASTON-MAR...QQcmdZViewItem

ReputationRep:
    Nice. Zero feedback though... :p:

ReputationRep:
    That's true. Authorised motor dealer though - you have to go through a lot to get that badge apparently...

And cheers Cortez

ReputationRep:
    May I join?

ReputationRep:
    You don't really need to ask :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    THE NIGHT still won't move out of the SODDING WAY. :mad:
    In my car this invariably leads to excess swearing :p:

ReputationRep:
    Whilst Miss <3 is distressing over the life of country lanes, my temp job for a couple of weeks includes driving around London in a Manual Vectra for a pharamaceutical company. I am exhausted.

I just don't know how cabbies do it. It involves so much effort and constant focus due to endless couriers, wardens, speed cameras, yellow boxes, bus lanes, congetsion zones etc.

But meeting the elderly at the end of the road is all worthwhile I guess I know that sounds soppy, but I feel so sorry for them. I just have to stop and have a natter to try and bring a life to the tedious time in care homes.

i think i had the best example of lane hogger on friday on the m1. i was tootling along in lane 1 and noticed a middle laner ahead so moved out into lane 3 to pass. not a problem. there was another car in lane 3 passing the middle laner as well. person in lane 3 was doing about 67.
    i sat behind them thinking ok they will be out of the way in a minute theyre probably just getting a safe gap between them and middle person before moving over. by now i think another 2/3 cars were behind me.
    we mustve carried on like this for about 800 yards after overtaking. person still did not move or speed up. i decreased the gap between myself and this driver to try and make it abit clearer i wanted to get past. the motorway was otherwise clear par the procession of about 9 cars stuck in lane 3 behind this driver!

i think after about 6 minutes i got annoyed, pulled into lane 1 and passed them. everyone followed me and away we all went. i looked in my mirror and the car was still in lane 3, completely oblivious!
    ok so my action was probably illegal but what was i supposed to do?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.