TSR Motoring Society Watch

Minardi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I showed my cousin pictures of this, and he said the owner "deserves serious credit for dedication to turd polishing"
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Minardi)
According to the DVLA site, this is the 2L petrol model. Oh. Dear.
Pwned!

Although the 3.0 is nothing to write home about either
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Né Stig)
Pwned!

Although the 3.0 is nothing to write home about either
Agreed. Although saying that.. the 3.0 should be just about alright in our berlingo van..
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've just got rid of the courtesy car (Honda Jazz).

I have to say, it was a great runabout. Had every conceivable extra going though, hence the £11.5k valuation by Honda.

I was speaking to the person dealing with the repair of my car, and he's such a nice chap, very knowledgeable and informal.

Honda going-ons this year:
1) More hybrids are being built (the one which James May test drove which was hydrogen powered)
2) The new s2000 is looking like being postponed at the least for a couple of years.

He also took me around the block in the new CTR limited edition. I have to say, the exterior was beautiful, especially in the white paint. But the interior! The dash looked and felt very cheap. The seats were again lovely and snug, although only alacantara. The power - well I didn't get to feel it - we were in London rush hour! But it had a nice quiet feel to it, and there was definitely a few stares from passers by
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Has anyone seen this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...oring-car.html

They are giving clues to who the real Stig is :eek:

We can now rule out Damon Hill, as we know for sure he don't live in a £300,000 house lol.
M1F2R3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Its Aston Martin test driver Ben Collins, im 100% sure.
Sync
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by M1F2R3)
Its Aston Martin test driver Ben Collins, im 100% sure.
I think that's been common knowledge for years. Plus, I'm not sure he's ever been Aston's test driver, has he?
M1F2R3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, Im sure he tested Astons.
Srxjer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey, I've requested to join.

Here's what I drive - pic taken after a LOT of AutoGlym.

Belle-x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm not in this soc but I just had to have a motoring related rant - I HATE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T PARK! I always make sure I'm parked in a good position in the middle of my space. I went back to my car today and the car at the side was almost touching my car they were so close. It was such a struggle to get into my car :mad: So annoying.
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
x
I'm quoting you as leader of this group. Are you still active here? There are a lot of pending join requests to I guess not. Please let me know by posting here. Otherwise, would anyone else like to take over the group? If no-one steps up, we may look to close the group as there's not been much activity for as while.
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Apologies. I should really pay attention. I know there were two persons originally, so maybe it's wise in my absence someone else does it with me.

I'm obviously now at work full time from anywhere between 05:00 and 21:00hrs. Not cool.

I'll take a look at the soc now and sift through. Apologies all.
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Apologies. I should really pay attention. I know there were two persons originally, so maybe it's wise in my absence someone else does it with me.

I'm obviously now at work full time from anywhere between 05:00 and 21:00hrs. Not cool.

I'll take a look at the soc now and sift through. Apologies all.
No need to apologise! I've also received your PM and I'm quite happy with you staying on as leader provided that you're happy to. Take a look at my PM reply as well, though.
Hoody555
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Belle-x)
I'm not in this soc but I just had to have a motoring related rant - I HATE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T PARK! I always make sure I'm parked in a good position in the middle of my space. I went back to my car today and the car at the side was almost touching my car they were so close. It was such a struggle to get into my car :mad: So annoying.
Get a 20 year old BMW then you can simply barge the other car out of your path.
Hoody555
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hello, just found this, so would like to join. However I do that I don't know..

Anyway, here are my 2 cars.

No I am not a murderer nor a Burberry hat wearing chav.
Simon_666
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
recently acquired a A5 2 litre Diesel.

Lovely motor- leather and B&O sound system.

incredibly happy + rather good economy = WIN
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
^ Accepted btw.

A5 with a 2.0litre engine; that must be one of their smaller engine sizes thus low torque and bhp in a car that must weigh at least a ton and half? In any case, nippy it can't be. At least you can cruise in comfort.
Simon_666
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
^ Accepted btw.

A5 with a 2.0litre engine; that must be one of their smaller engine sizes thus low torque and bhp in a car that must weigh at least a ton and half? In any case, nippy it can't be. At least you can cruise in comfort.
Actually its quickish - 0-60 is about 8.5 secs. Frankly i'm not bothered about speed when you're in such a nice cabin and can waft about at will
xsophx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello, was wondering if i could join however you do that??

Here is my motor, 1.7 derv power
Attached files
Chimaira
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Have applied for this group.. :pierre:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (91)
25.93%
No (260)
74.07%

Watched Threads