Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Motoring Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Also, I love the RX-7's. I truly wish to get one some day. I hope Mazda make replacement. And before anyone says anything, no the RX-8 was never meant to be a replacement.

ReputationRep:
    Woah you've had a nice collection. Was the '88 manual?

What don't you like about them?
    The rotary engineness. Although its different and powerfull, you have to get them rebuilt. But Google has just shown me its very easy to get rebuilt tuned RX7 engines

Finally, this thread is picking up
    Yeah its about time. I'll probably come back this weekend with over 1000 pics of cars. Goodwood Festival of Speed wooot! Can't wait to see Alonso floor it up that hill

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, down to page 2

Anyway, to lift the mood. Here's 3 of my favourites (Out of the 500 I took today at Goodwood Festival of Speed (BTW Anyone else go?))

http://doodlemoonch.com/matt/037.gif

Actually its an animation, and yes. I did bite its dust...alot

ReputationRep:
    Vrum Vrum.. God My Car is in shocking condition right now. My wheel alignment is awful, and Whenever it rains my car engine appears to take the brunt of it and doesnt always start its driviong me crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    Ugh, down to page 2

Anyway, to lift the mood. Here's 3 of my favourites (Out of the 500 I took today at Goodwood Festival of Speed (BTW Anyone else go?))

http://doodlemoonch.com/matt/037.gif

Actually its an animation, and yes. I did bite its dust...alot
    dude - how was the festival?

ReputationRep:
    I would have loved to have gone. And yes the '88 was a manual; 5-speed.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and just to give you an indication as to what gearing and choice of 5-speed or auto can make; the '91 had 2.73:1 gears and an auto. It ran a best of 15.75 at 95 mph. The '88 with 3.23:1 gears and a manual ran a 14.5 at 96mph. The trap-speed is usually a good indication of horsepower, hence the reason why both cars had about the same trap-speed. It's strange, even if you spin the tyres heavily off the line, the speed changes very little but the time is dramatically less :rolleyes:.

PS- Why has no one else taken the £3000 car challenge? Come on, lets see what ye can find.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snmichaels)
    PS- Why has no one else taken the £3000 car challenge? Come on, lets see what ye can find.
    Because everyone else know I'm just going to beat them

ReputationRep:
    renault clio 1.2 3 door will be my first car in a couple of months

ReputationRep:
    whats the 3000 challenge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh1988uk)
    whats the 3000 challenge?
    Find the best car for sub £3000, i found a prosche 944 upwards somewhere (pg 2 i think) for 2300

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    and Whenever it rains my car engine appears to take the brunt of it and doesnt always start its driviong me crazy.
    WD40 is your friend.

Take off your -ve battery lead, then take off your distributor cap. Cover it and the rotor arm, and all the plug wires leading to it, in WD40, then reattach. Also, cover the battery terminals with grease. I can almost guarantee that if you do this thoroughly, then your car will start in all weathers!

ReputationRep:
    £3000! That's a bit steep. Just bought my second car a 1990 VW Polo for £250. I'll thrash that around for the summer then go back to my Focus.

Wish I could have gone to Goodwood this year.

ReputationRep:
    dude - how was the festival?
    Amazing, Button must have done at least 3 burnouts each run up the hill. I think we took around 600 photos!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyncMaster_770)
    WD40 is your friend.

Take off your -ve battery lead, then take off your distributor cap. Cover it and the rotor arm, and all the plug wires leading to it, in WD40, then reattach. Also, cover the battery terminals with grease. I can almost guarantee that if you do this thoroughly, then your car will start in all weathers!
    Yeah, I went5 and bought a niuce big Can couple weeks ago.. But thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    New Car Poll, check it out. Vote for your favourite Pimpmobile.

ReputationRep:
    For £3,000

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW...00526197669408

ReputationRep:
    Got me a 1998 VW Polo 1.4 CL for £1400. 78K on the clock but still a good deal and in great condition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    For £3,000

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW...00526197669408
    My Porsche was better :p:

ReputationRep:
    can any1 help with this? http://thestudentroom.co.uk/t127756.html

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.