in particular...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    in particular...?
    you have to ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    how?
    the principle of the global free market - the possibility of trading without barriers anywhere in the world.

It is inconsistent to enable some entities (companies) to trade freely and to hugely restrict others (people) from doing so.

ReputationRep:
    you have to ask?
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    the principle of the global free market - the possibility of trading without barriers anywhere in the world.

It is inconsistent to enable some entities (companies) to trade freely and to hugely restrict others (people) from doing so.
    as long as the flow is consistent with demand, it is perfectly workable in a practical sense.

ReputationRep:
    as long as the flow is consistent with demand, it is perfectly workable in a practical sense.
    A single global economy would be ineffective. Competing markets are required to equalize demand and make money for poorer countries. Also, investment bankers would have a lot less to do...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    A single global economy would be ineffective. Competing markets are required to equalize demand and make money for poorer countries. Also, investment bankers would have a lot less to do...
    Well, I haven't got a problem with the second point, lol..

The outcome of a system of competing nation states is ultimately not in the interests of anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I haven't got a problem with the second point, lol..

The outcome of a system of competing nation states is ultimately not in the interests of anyone.
    Your hippie beliefs won't apply to the real world. World Peace and a global economy are a fool's dream. It will never happen. I don't debate that it would be wonderful if it were to happen, yet realistically, it never will.

ReputationRep:
    Your hippie beliefs won't apply to the real world. World Peace and a global economy are a fool's dream. It will never happen. I don't debate that it would be wonderful if it were to happen, yet realistically, it never will.
    So much cynicism for one so young...

Besides, with attitudes like that we'd never have achieved all that we have - the abolition of slavery, wiping out so many diseases etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    So much cynicism for one so young...

Besides, with attitudes like that we'd never have achieved all that we have - the abolition of slavery, wiping out so many diseases etc etc.
    Pessimism = realism. Human beings are instictively evil creatures - problems (diseases, etc.) are only solved if it is beneficial to some conglomerate.

ReputationRep:
    er no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Whats everyones opinion on this?

Opinion on what?

ReputationRep:
    er no.
    Hmm... eradication of smallpox, that's about it. Not much of an acheivement in the grand scheme of things.

With regards to the abolition of slavery, humans caused that anyway. So technically that was a negative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hot Dog!)
    Opinion on what?
    Yes, yes, we're all in stitches over your hilarious posts, but can you go somewhere else now?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, yes, we're all in stitches over your hilarious posts, but can you go somewhere else now?

Glad you found it as funy as me.

http://www.rotten.com

ReputationRep:
    Pessimism = realism. Human beings are instictively evil creatures - problems (diseases, etc.) are only solved if it is beneficial to some conglomerate.
    Instinctively evil? Speak for yourself...
    Seriously- how sad it must make you to really think that thats true. I would be in a constant state of depression if I agreed with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    Instinctively evil? Speak for yourself...
    Seriously- how sad it must make you to really think that thats true. I would be in a constant state of depression if I agreed with that.
    What can I say? I have my beliefs and you have yours (mine is the correct one, however).

ReputationRep:
    What can I say? I have my beliefs and you have yours (mine is the correct one, however).
    hehe, naturally...
    it amazes me to this day that people still believe in world peace.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Whats everyones opinion on this?
    It might be all hype but I'm making sure to find the time to answer the questions asked (it's here by the way) fully.

I'd hate it if the government did change it's policy away from what I would like (for instance tuition fees I agree with in the most part I just think there need to be a couple of tweaks to it (one of which has already been agreed to by the government)) because the only people to take part were people with very different opinions to me...

it's like voting - doesn't take much time and if you put in the effort then you can complain all you like - don't bother and you can't complain when decisions are made that don't complement your opinions.

I'm a bit dubious about the motivations behind all the questions about which party I vote for though so will be choosing Other wherever it is an option or leaving the field blank.

ReputationRep:
    hehe, naturally...
    it amazes me to this day that people still believe in world peace.
    that'll be your famous open-mindedness coming into play again..

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.