Turn on thread page Beta

On AQA Biology B watch

ReputationRep:
    There's no need to panic about the essay, just go in and do the best you can, then leave.
    Saying that though, I hope something good like variation and its consequences comes up, you can write quite a lot about that. The protein adaptation type essays aren't very good though because you learn the basic structure and uses of proteins, rather than particular adaptations.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the essay questions were for Jan 05?????????????????????

ReputationRep:
    You can check it on the website (in examiners report) but for your convinience here you go:

How microscopes contributed to our understanding of living organisms?
    Enzymes and their importance in plants and animals.

ReputationRep:
    ROFL I wonder how little % of people chose to do microscopes!

ReputationRep:
    it said in the report that vey lilltle and they have written loads of ***

ReputationRep:
    lol doesnt surprise me. we did 1 lesson on microscopes!

ReputationRep:
    so did we, if this kind of topic comes with another *** like cycles in biology I will be in trouble :/

ReputationRep:
    Where did you get the examiner's reports from? i thought they took em off the website?

ReputationRep:
    Im just praying for an easy one, one of our practice ones in lessons was "The biological importance of surface area" and I got I really good mark on that one, Im just glad everyone does a diff module 6/7/8 as I hate my Microbes and Disease module, but coz everyone does different I wont have to write about it fully on the synoptic

ReputationRep:
    Where did you get the examiner's reports from? i thought they took em off the website?
    They did not, there are still on the website under "examiner report" heading.

ReputationRep:
    The microscopes one would be an easy one to do, our biology teacher said all you have to write about is the different microscopes, electron and light, and then just describe what you can see down them, like animal cells down an electron would show up the organelles etc

I really hope we get something about mutation or variation!

ReputationRep:
    hahah so is that a prediction or just a fool's hope

ReputationRep:
    have u guys been doing any ecology papers? what sort of marks u get out of 66

ReputationRep:
    have u guys been doing any ecology papers? what sort of marks u get out of 66
    Between 47 and 62 depending on the peaper.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get their marks for their coursework from their teacher? Pre=moderation marks.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5...-WRE-Jan05.pdf page 43 for Ecology grade boundaries (32/50 and 33/50 for an A)

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking an essay question something along the lines of State the importance of Carbon in the biotic and abiotic environment? Is that absurd??

Also it would be really helpful if someone could list all the past essay questions in chronological order, please....

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking an essay question something along the lines of State the importance of Carbon in the biotic and abiotic environment? Is that absurd??
    Nothing is impossible, who knows what comes to evil minds of examiners... Although your topic is quite nice usualy. You can combine here all the organic molecules from core principles with carbon cycle from unit5 and even add some about oxygen transportation with CO3^2- (I will better shut up as I am getting carried away).

You can check all the topics in butiful chronological order on AQA website in now time, just see all past peapers for secion B of unit 6/7/8.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, im very worried about the essay too. weve had a few practice ones, theyre arite if once you get started. But getting started is the harder thing, or otherwise i run out of things to right!
    was the enzymes one really the Jan 05 one, cos i swear thats a repeat from one of the past papers!!?

ust spent all morning reading up on behaviour populations module again. got to get through a stack of exam questions our school has given us. they take forever!

ReputationRep:
    Someone please list the essay questions in chronoligcal order. My internet is sooo slow it would take forever.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.