After HND = top-up degree?

Watch
confused_guy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi,

I'm starting a HND in Computing in October and I was just curious about the process of topping-up your HND after you have completed it. Having searched the web and the forums, can't really find any examples of uni's that actually offer it?

Just wondering, if anyone else has completed this route and what there experiences were?

Cheers for all advice guys!
Masderchef
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I know someone who went from HND to year 3 of a degree.
jinglepupskye
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Virtually all universities offer top up degree though they come under a few different names. Perhaps you are not looking in the right places.

My dad, for example, did a HND in Business Computing and topped up to a BSc Computer Studies.

In any case, your university will give you any details you need and will positively encourage you to do the top up.
confused_guy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by jinglepupskye)
Virtually all universities offer top up degree though they come under a few different names. Perhaps you are not looking in the right places.

My dad, for example, did a HND in Business Computing and topped up to a BSc Computer Studies.

In any case, your university will give you any details you need and will positively encourage you to do the top up.
Cheers for the advice!
Abbas78600
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I know its been a long time since you have done your top-up degree but how was it compared to the HND and if you moved out did you find suitable accommodation. Reason I am asking is because I will be doing a top-up in a few weeks.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by confused_guy)
Hi,

I'm starting a HND in Computing in October and I was just curious about the process of topping-up your HND after you have completed it. Having searched the web and the forums, can't really find any examples of uni's that actually offer it?

Just wondering, if anyone else has completed this route and what there experiences were?

Cheers for all advice guys!
I did that I found it a really good way to do it you have the HND so even if you fail you have that to fall back on and your entire grade depends on your work that year which is good as if your HND grade wasn't quite as good as you would have liked you can still get a first or whatever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (48)
5.94%
Uncertainty around my education (92)
11.39%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (83)
10.27%
Lack of purpose or motivation (103)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
4.95%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (45)
5.57%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (89)
11.01%
Financial worries (54)
6.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (37)
4.58%
Exposure to negative news/social media (51)
6.31%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
3.09%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (77)
9.53%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (64)
7.92%

Watched Threads