Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    Damn right Gemma-if i had had a remark I prob would have got an A and it wouldn't look so bad on my uni application
    a B doesnt look bad on any application

ReputationRep:
    we wasnt sayin that it looks bad, just it is more favourable to have an A on your UCAS form at AS, especially in the tradition subjects, as those are wot are favoured by the better universities, and its wot makes the more academic students stand out in the crowd!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma1811)
    This is sooo true!!!!! I have loadsa friends that had their history paper undermarked by Edexcel this summer!!! many got remarks and on person's paper went up 2 grades!!! I actually failed the paper, and blamed myself, so didnt bother with the remark, but wish now that i had! These teachers are paid to mark our papers - our futures remain in their hands, so why dont they do their job and mark them properly!! then we woodnt have to waste money getting them remarked and lose out on university places!!!!!!!!!
    It's the Exam Boards responsibility to mark the papers accurately - it is THEIR JOB. If they can't be bothered making the effort, why should we?!

Has anyone else had problems with any other exam board, or aspect of their services?

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    a B doesnt look bad on any application
    It cost's you enough UCAS points though (not so much on A/S, but alot on AVCE Doubles).

And consequently, I never got a re-take. If I get a bad grade, I shouldn't automatically think "EdExcel have marked it wrong", should I? But it's becoming such a sorry state of affairs, that that is exactly what is starting to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creativesurgeon)
    It cost's you enough UCAS points though (not so much on A/S, but alot on AVCE Doubles).

And consequently, I never got a re-take. If I get a bad grade, I shouldn't automatically think "EdExcel have marked it wrong", should I? But it's becoming such a sorry state of affairs, that that is exactly what is starting to happen.
    what are you on about. if u get a bad grade in a exam, you should just except it and go for the re-take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    what are you on about. if u get a bad grade in a exam, you should just except it and go for the re-take.
    What, because the exam board screwed-up? Why should I have to be punished for somebody else's incompetancy?

ReputationRep:
    It is their problem, but they really dont seem to care at all!!!!!!! However i dont think they seem to realise just how much we really do care! Maybe if no-one turned up to the exams then they would actually realise, n not just go on about how exams are getting easier! A-levels so aren't!!!!!

OCR have been a problem as well at my skool!!!! They are the only two boards that we use for A-level and we've had problems with both. Because of all the problems that happened with OCR History the summer before last our school changed to the Edexcel board and we've experience the same problem this year! ARGH!!!! xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma1811)
    It is their problem, but they really dont seem to care at all!!!!!!! However i dont think they seem to realise just how much we really do care! Maybe if no-one turned up to the exams then they would actually realise, n not just go on about how exams are getting easier! A-levels so aren't!!!!!

OCR have been a problem as well at my skool!!!! They are the only two boards that we use for A-level and we've had problems with both. Because of all the problems that happened with OCR History the summer before last our school changed to the Edexcel board and we've experience the same problem this year! ARGH!!!! xxxx
    edexsmell hahahaha :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't have put it better myself!!!!! hehe

ReputationRep:
    All the exam boards are appalling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    All the exam boards are appalling.
    no they're not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    no they're not

Yes they are! At least OCR, Edexcel and AQA have all messed up enough that I'd say their quality standards are too low. They're pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Because it is a well known fact (even our teachers have confirmed this), that if too many people get high grades (in ANY level; A/S; GCSE; whatever), the boundaries are changed. The countris students will NEVER achieve more than 8% A's. If I was entitled to that grade, then I feel I shoould have it on my certificates. Is that wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Echo)
    Because it is a well known fact (even our teachers have confirmed this), that if too many people get high grades (in ANY level; A/S; GCSE; whatever), the boundaries are changed. The countris students will NEVER achieve more than 8% A's. If I was entitled to that grade, then I feel I shoould have it on my certificates. Is that wrong?
    Why are you just rippin' off what i've already said?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.