The pill, simple question to girls Watch

This discussion is closed.
Brown Eyed Girl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it works weirdly tho... some people body rejects it and there arm gets infected... soome people take about 4 years... lmao
on woman never had a period after haveing it put in
but it is good with the whole if you forgt about it you dnt have to worry and be paranoid for a month
xXMessedUpXx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
it works weirdly tho... some people body rejects it and there arm gets infected... soome people take about 4 years... lmao
on woman never had a period after haveing it put in
but it is good with the whole if you forgt about it you dnt have to worry and be paranoid for a month
ha

i still get paranoid

:eek:
Brown Eyed Girl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah me to actualy lmao!!!!!
Joey12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know on a lot of the packets it says ur sposed to take it on the first day of your period (when you first go on it) but does it really matter if you dont...and say u went on it the day ur period finishes or sumthin?
Brown Eyed Girl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
for the contraceptive use it will start geting into your blood stream during your period were they dont think your going to have sex and get pregnant ... which oyu can but its a very VERY small chance lmao and after your period then its allready in your system and working properly

i know the implnat takes 24 hours to work properly no idea for the pills
Jenna999
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
for the contraceptive use it will start geting into your blood stream during your period were they dont think your going to have sex and get pregnant ... which oyu can but its a very VERY small chance lmao and after your period then its allready in your system and working properly

I thought it was because if you start taking it on the first day of your period, there is no chance you could have already ovulated, and then the hormones taken from that day on are enough to prevent ovulation. If you start it on another day there's a chance you could have already ovulated, or the hormones are not high enough to prevent ovulation, so you need to use another form of protection for the next 7 days.
Brown Eyed Girl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i have no idea to be quite honest. i avoided the pills but i was geussing as its a hormone it would be simular to implant.
lol... which you can actualy have put in at anytime as it not only prevent ovulation but thins the womb lining to prevent it settling.
mousey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I use my pills for both, my periods are shorter, lighter, and virtually pain free and i'm protected against pregnancy. It's great.

Sam - i didn't experience any odd side effects (well, that i'm aware of anyway) My weight, libido etc stayed the same. xx
Brown Eyed Girl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i got told after going on implant it can cause hair loss.....

lmao... side affects are dodgey cause there are alot more you MIGHT get than the docs tell you
Brown Eyed Girl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah for implant i wastold to wait 24 hours...

same amount of time to keep the bandage to stay on..... even tho i had to re put it on... nurse done it so tight my arm was turning blue!
Brown Eyed Girl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i didn't bleed... i think the tightness of the bandage meant no blood could get to the tiny whole FOR it to bleed....

im dreading having it out
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

no, it's nothing to do with whether or not they "think" you will have sex, plenty of people (myself included :rolleyes: ) have sex when they are on.

If you take it on the first day of your period, you will be protected immediately, because you won't be ovulating when you are menstruating.

If you take it any other time, you should use a barrier method of contraception for 7 days, because you may have just ovulated in which case you could become pregnant. after that time the hormones in the pill will prevent ovulation and therefore pregnancy.
Brown Eyed Girl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no what i ment is there les chance geting pregnant of period lol
but theres a tiny chance aparently
i shouldn't of put have sex and get pregant... just get pregnant lmao
Joey12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
But theres no harm in taking it at any other time? ie. currently im not bothered bout the contraceptive purpose of the pill just delaying the next period.
Brown Eyed Girl
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah. thats the main reason im on implant
Flicker
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Joey12)
But theres no harm in taking it at any other time? ie. currently im not bothered bout the contraceptive purpose of the pill just delaying the next period.
nope, you can start whenever you want! (just bear in mind you're not covered for 7 days!)
xXMessedUpXx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i didn't bleed... i think the tightness of the bandage meant no blood could get to the tiny whole FOR it to bleed....

im dreading having it out
:eek:

oh god how i share that fear
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by RobbieC)
I was just wondering, having spoken to a female friend about her going on the pill recently. Is the pill used simply as a prolonged protection against pregnancy... or to alleviate the pain of ovulation and periods and stuff, as I gather such experiences can be really horrible for girls. Sorry, I am just curious...
The pain of ovulation?!

:rolleyes:
Flicker
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Trousers)
The pain of ovulation?!

:rolleyes:
lol. although before i was on the pill i did actually get a weird pain mid cycle on one side or t'other which i assume was ovulation. maybe that is what he meant!
Joey12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by allisandro)
nope, you can start whenever you want! (just bear in mind you're not covered for 7 days!)
Thank You!

Was a bit worried it mite mess up my cycle completely or sumthin random. Juts gotta hope there's no dreadful side effects now what with exams and everything-stress!!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (98)
25.52%
No (286)
74.48%

Watched Threads