Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MAC red lipsticks Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed there are quite a few MAC makeup experts on this board so I'm hoping you can help I have wanted to try red lipstick for a while now, and am thinking about buying a MAC one mainly because you get it free if you return 6 empty containers, so it doesn't matter too much if I never really wear it. My complexion is relatively pale and I have mid brown hair, so was wondering if people could recommend a shade that would look good? Or maybe just review ones you have used?

ReputationRep:
    Mac - Russian Red

I really want it but am broke till Mid September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_thekitten_x)
    Mac - Russian Red

She's really pretty!
    and I love that shade of red!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_thekitten_x)
    Mac - Russian Red

I've seen that shade featured a lot in a few online beauty blogs, it looks gorgeous on that girl , definitely one for me to consider when I go shopping

ReputationRep:
    I have quite a few red lipsticks from MAC and Russian Red is definitely my favourite. Might be worth asking at the counter which might suit you best as different tints to the lipstick suit different complexions. I'm very pale and I've been told red lipsticks which have a 'cool' tint are best for me e.g. Russian Red. Also, MAC have lots of different finishes to the lipstick - personally I prefer the matte ones to the high gloss finishes.

ReputationRep:
    Russian Red seems to be a definite one to try then, especially if it looks good with pale skin.Anybody else got any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Ask one of the people at the counter, they'll know which ones are popular and they can try them on you to show you so you can see which one you like best. I'm not sure which ones are best for pale skin or cool/warm tones but Ruby Woo and MAC Red are also meant to be good.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Lady Bug is a red with a more cherry look to it - which is very in season and complements darker eyes/hair.

ReputationRep:
    Brick red, I know looks pretty good on redheads (like myself) and I am pale so it might work on you as well, it seems to be slightly and oranger red though.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to have the face for red lipstick but whenever I've tried it before I look like a clown

ReputationRep:
    Red lips looks nice on pale skin

ReputationRep:
    I went in the store today and settled on a sheer red called Cockney, the woman in the shop applied it for me and I just need an occassion to glam it up now Glad I went for a sheerer shade because I've never worn red before so didn't want to go for anything to bold at first.

ReputationRep:
    I've just had a sort out and have got 6 empties to take back. Might go for a lipshade called 'cyber' if they still do it - it's like a blacky purple colour and quite sheer.

Wore a violet lipstick out the other day and got compliments on it, so I may go for a violet. Not sure - Russian Red sounds intriguing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louboutin*)
    Russian Red seems to be a definite one to try then, especially if it looks good with pale skin.Anybody else got any suggestions?
    Ruby woo looks good on Asian fair/medium skin. ( I love it and have it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlechinagirl)
    Lady Bug is a red with a more cherry look to it - which is very in season and complements darker eyes/hair.
    I loved it on the lipstick. When it wen t on my lips, didnt look right.

ReputationRep:
    I have Lady Danger, Russian Red and Ruby Woo. I will aim to post some pictures for you soon if it will help.

ReputationRep:
    definitely Russian Red, I wore it all the time when I had dark hair and pale skin, it's your classic red. Now I'm blonde, I use Lady Danger, which is more orangey, one to steer away from as a brunette. have fun!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.