Who should be saved from the boat and why? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LC01)
It depends on how handicaped, if hes one of those that cant move at all, not even speak he would be better of dead. If I ended up like that I would want to be dead.
You would want to be dead because you would have known how good your life used to be, and how much you are missing. Someone who knows nothing else may feel differently.
Scubar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the young man should stay because 1. he has a wife and child 2. if he beats them he should stay alive to go to prison for it.
i'm working on reasons for the others, i take back my nun statement but i won't actually delete it
Scubar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the disabled boy chould stay because it wuld be devastating on his parent if he died, they might come up with a cure for disabledness involving stem cells sometime soon, and if he's going to die his last few days should be happy, not being thrown off a boat
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by red_roadkill)
There are 4 people trapped on a sinking boat. Unfortunately, there is only 1 life jacket. The people are:

1. An elderly nun, who is scared and afraid and yearning for her convent so she can commune with the Lord. Has never had a family of her own.

2. A seriously handicapped child. He is from a single-parent family.

3. A young male, aged 21, with 7 previous convictions and currently awaiting trial for manslaughter. He has a wife and young child.

4. Young female Junior Doctor with so much to give, but also suffering from terminal cancer. She has no family.

So, who would you save and why?
who gives a brown one?
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by technik)
who gives a brown one?
Thanks for that :rolleyes:
Lush Law
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by technik)
who gives a brown one?
Again, any opportunity you can find to scrutinise me, you take.

What was wrong with this thread anyway? :confused:
the sand man
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
add a poll red_roadkill
MMA
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If I had to pick one I would choose the child first. The man should not be rescued as he has proven himself to be a menace to society with 7 previous convictions. The nun and the young doctor are my joint second choices but overall I choose the child as they have more chance of surviving as opposed to the handicapped child.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
let them fight it out for the life jacket, surivial of the fittest.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Scubar)
the disabled boy chould stay because it wuld be devastating on his parent if he died, they might come up with a cure for disabledness involving stem cells sometime soon, and if he's going to die his last few days should be happy, not being thrown off a boat
And would it not be devastating on the wife and kids if the man died?
the sand man
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
thenks for the poll i ould save all of them because im good so there lol
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't really think the young man can changed. After 7 convictions, he obviously isn't learning!
Scheherazade
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd say the nun's old and she'll probably be all for finding God, but she may not want to die, what if she has 'a lot to give' too? how elderly is she? if in her 60's it's possible she'll live for another 40 years or so and outlive 'em all.

Doctor's gonna die any way, but how long would she live for? any family? dependants?

the man- what did he do exactly and why? is he sorry? does his family need him?

the child- instnct says probably him/her, but i think the real question who would have the best chance of survivg with the life jacket? probably the young man or the doctor- depending on how far gone she is with her illness.

but at the end of the day none of us really have to make this decision. it's late at night and im puttibg too much thought into this hypothetical scenario.
Gwen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
THe child.
A child with disabilities is still a child.
agreed - poor kid
adame_666
Report 13 years ago
I think that the young doctor should be saved as she is the most useful to society at least for a short time and if you save the child with disabilities he wont grow up to become anything important anyway.
RichardAnderson
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i choose the female dr as she will still have time to play dr and nurses with me
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why would anyone select the option "None of them, it's just not fair to choose"? Surely trying to save one is better than doing nothing?
divine_aphrael
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would save the young man because he is young so still has time to change, he has a family, and as previously stated manslaughter in unintentional.
The nun is old and probbly lived a full life (although she's probably eyeing up the young man and thinking 'what if...?')
The handicapped child probably hasn't had a very good quality of life and won't understand what's happening to him anyway.
Young lady doctor, promising, but why save someone who's going to die soon anyway.
The young man has the most possibility for the future
Dexnell
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd say the child, the nun is already at a certain age and has experienced a lot. The doctor is probably going to die soon, anyway, the man has 7 convictions and although there's the possibility he can chance there the negative possibility also. The child is still young, once he'll able to live with is illness - which was not mentioned if he's a vegetable or not - he should live.
RichardAnderson
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
well the nurse may save more lives if she is selected, who knows she may find a cure for her cancer. Although the hadicapped child could be the next steven hawkins
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.64%
No (199)
72.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed