The Student Room Group

Eternal Life and What May Come with It

Having watched "the Lord of the Rings" recently, it makes me wonder. What does the Elves do all day if they never die? I've asked my friends this question before, but the reply I get was a little bit disappointing. He basically said if he had eternal youth, then he would go clubbing everyday; if not, he'll kill himself when he get old.

In the case of the Elves, they have eternal youth. And I suppose that's why they had the discussion on marrying mortals.

Anyway, here's my question. If you can live like an Elf, will you ever get tired of being alive? Maybe commit suicide in the end?
I'd get so bored, so i'd start writing a really long book that never ended........can you imagine how much that would cost to print
if you live forever...how the hell can you kill yourself?
Reply 3
I'd go exploring! There's so much to see, I could visit every country in the whole world. :smile: That should keep me occupied for a while.

Dunno what elves do. They don't seem to go exploring at all, just sit around in Rivendell or wherever. They must be a lot less curious than humans.
Reply 4
I'd become skilled with swords and other stylish weapons.

Oh, and of course I would seduce Legolas with my Elven charms and new battle skills.
Reply 5
Egan1
I'd become skilled with swords and other stylish weapons.

Oh, and of course I would seduce Legolas with my Elven charms and new battle skills.

I think the question was if you could live like an elf, Egan, not actually be one... :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Reply 6
++Hex++
I think the question was if you could live like an elf, Egan, not actually be one... :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Damn :P

Just the sword thing then I guess (maybe become a ninja while I'm at it).
Reply 7
Danithestudent
if you live forever...how the hell can you kill yourself?

Elves can be killed (see Helm's Deep in TTT) or die of a broken heart. They just don't age like us or die naturally. Unless you're Arwen of course, but she's only half elven.
Reply 8
Of course Elves die. They die in battles don't they?

I probably wouldn't kill myself, because there's so much to learn. I think I will stay in universities doing degree after degree until there's no more left to learn. Then I'll move on to something else.

If there was to be day where I found that there's nothing more to be learned, then I would just live to tell the history.

Latest

Trending

Trending