commuting - people who commute how bad is it? Watch

This discussion is closed.
shuvle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
do you wiss out on the social aspect wen you dont have accomidation at your uni?
hallucination
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by shuvle)
do you wiss out on the social aspect wen you dont have accomidation at your uni?
Usually yes, although this can be avoided by putting a lot of effort into meeting people by joining clubs and societies etc.....
_poptart_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think if you spend half your morning and evening travelling to and from uni then it will definitely have an impact. All you need to make sure is that you make the most of your time when your there, like getting involved in more social things like clubs and stuff.
Just remember tho you'll always have the opportunity to sometimes stay with a mate for a night in the uni residences, that way you wont entirely miss out on all the fun going on :p:
Davie_Moyes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
When you refer to commuting, what do you mean?

I have to travel to Uni but there are more people staying at home at Glasgow than living in accomodation.
shuvle
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
yea thts wot most of my m8s are saying. i woz just wondering if its possible to have a good social life whist commuting. Only asking just in case i go to birmingham uni... which is very doubtful anyway. thanks guys... and gurls
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.54%
No (392)
72.46%

Watched Threads