how was edexcel english? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Chewwy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
there's nothing really to say about this exam, but it makes you look cool if you make one of these threads... feel free to post.
shmoogle
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by chewwy)
there's nothing really to say about this exam, but it makes you look cool if you make one of these threads... feel free to post.

complete ********, edexcel has something wrong with them this year:

1) chosen anthology poems suK (um hello War music wtf?)

2) question for "other side of the dale" sucked.. we were not taught to look at it from the perspective the question required.. we were taught to look at language and "sense of history" in the story as was the requirement for exams that previous had a question on it.

3) the end? WTF imagine ur a refugee fantastic inspiiring question there to make you right alot?!.... and the other ******** bout community facilities OH PLEASE all teenagers smoke, get wasted and then panic bout their exams when they should have been revising steadily through the year so dont tell me bout facilities for the marvalous youth of today ..

pfff...
yukinko
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
AAAARGH i totally failed that! i really need to retake it i think, otherwise i have no hope in hell of getting into any good uni. i mean seriously, i didnt finish any of my essays......and the refugee one......erm.....anyone know what its like to be a refugee???? gah, failed that one totally.......lets hope the media papers got better questions.
davidt
Report 13 years ago
I had been dreading Craft of the Writer (english B this is) but it turned out fine:

- Poems: Identity: the thing on miracle on st davids day, easy when paired with Unknown Girl

- Short stories: I did a pratise essay on Vendetta and Schoolteacer's guest on hte exact subject! yay

- Didn't choose asylum seeker, I ranted about local youth facilities instead.

2) question for "other side of the dale" sucked.. we were not taught to look at it from the perspective the question required.. we were taught to look at language and "sense of history" in the story as was the requirement for exams that previous had a question on it.
What edexcel english is that? In the anthology for english A and B that's not there?
yukinko
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah it is. ur doing other cultures, other side of the dale is non fiction prose. its in the same anthology. (.....sorry i dnt know how to quote.....soooo computer illiterate lol)
The Centipe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i thought it was all ok except the Vendetta-Schoolteacher's guest thing was quite tricky. I was seriously behind schedule by the end of part B!
the_love_below
Report 13 years ago
That test was GAY

1) War Music.... Went ok! Anaylised the lang. good and all that
2) The other side of the dale.. After spending half the time reading it, i looked at the question and said to my self... ****, what kind of narrow, obserce question is this?
3) Im a refugee from Turkey being discrimnated against and work as a toilet cleaner at McDonalds...

Sums it all up.
davidt
Report 13 years ago
except the Vendetta-Schoolteacher's guest thing was quite tricky
I think the main points were they both committed savage acts as revenge, Ines particularly (she killed somebody who never harbourd thoughts of killing her son). However the characters are presented completely differently to us and so we naturally side with Ines.

Both had a bit of fate in there as well, as Ines believed it was fate and it can be inferred that the Widow thought that she had to kill ravolati.

yeah it is. ur doing other cultures, other side of the dale is non fiction prose. its in the same anthology. (.....sorry i dnt know how to quote.....soooo computer illiterate lol)
Sorry, completely missed that looking through the contents. We did that last year as our english exam, the question we got was about how it shows a sense of history.
Jeremy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Way too easy - My only critiscism was the Dale question.. Which was so unbelievably narrow, I had to write so much fluff to fill in the void. Blagging my way through with brute strength through the question ie: how the inspector has an obsessive compulsive interest in the school presentation just like how Joseph has an obssession for details ie: bookshelf and presentation of the Moor work. Mind you 3/4 of my writing had nothing to do with a question so I had to make up a reason to back up a point, i even got bored enough in one paragraph i mentioned how Joseph could be mistaken as a lost relative of the Addams Family. I hope the examiners have a sense of humour :-)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1205)
79.59%
Leave (309)
20.41%

Watched Threads