Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester Interview For Comp Sci !!! watch

Announcements

HELLO!!!

I've had an invite from The University Of Manchester to attend an interview in the Comp Sci department on 11th December. Im now very scared and was wondering if anyone has recieved the same thing from them. Also it would be nice if anyone who has been interviewed either for Comp Sci or at Manchester could give me an idea of what the hell it's like and the kinds of questions that they ask etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    HELLO!!!

I've had an invite from The University Of Manchester to attend an interview in the Comp Sci department on 11th December. Im now very scared and was wondering if anyone has recieved the same thing from them. Also it would be nice if anyone who has been interviewed either for Comp Sci or at Manchester could give me an idea of what the hell it's like and the kinds of questions that they ask etc...
    Typical questions:

1)Have you seen the Terminator, what did you think of it?
    2)Do you believe that AI will take over the world?
    3)Why Computing?
    4)etc

(Original post by Bhaal85)
    Typical questions:

1)Have you seen the Terminator, what did you think of it?
    2)Do you believe that AI will take over the world?
    3)Why Computing?
    4)etc
    OK, so I understand that ethics within computing could come up but I don't know about the Terminator being involved. I figured that the "why computing" question was kind of a standard question but I still can think of an inventive and none dull way to answer it!!!

ReputationRep:
    OK, so I understand that ethics within computing could come up but I don't know about the Terminator being involved. I figured that the "why computing" question was kind of a standard question but I still can think of an inventive and none dull way to answer it!!!
    I was just kidding about the Terminator thing. I'm suprised that they conduct interviews. This year I was offered an unconditional offer from Manchester (not Met) to do Comp Sci, I think its because it was on clearing and wanted to make their quotas. Anyway, avoid UMIST for COmp Sci, my mate told me the atmosphere is crap, go to Manchester, and since both unis are joining up, when you graduate you can either have your degree from UMIST or Manchester. Good luck in your interview, just dont fall asleep and you should be alright.

(Original post by Bhaal85)
    Good luck in your interview, just dont fall asleep and you should be alright.
    Cheers, I think i'll be far too nervous to fall asleep!!!

ReputationRep:
    Let us know how you go on Leekey, I've applied at Manchester for Comp Sci aswell, I only just got the reply saying they received my ucas today.

Good luck with it anyway.

(Original post by gayboy09)
    Let us know how you go on Leekey, I've applied at Manchester for Comp Sci aswell, I only just got the reply saying they received my ucas today.

Good luck with it anyway.
    I'll post just how horrifically I duff it up on Thursday night. I recieved the little card thingy that says they have recieved my application last Friday so they do respond pretty quickly to applicants!!! Cheers for the support!!!

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.