Dates? What the heck do i do?!? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Da Bachtopus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why are you looking for something to do? Aren't you going out for her, not some arbitrary activity that supposedly justifies your time together?!

Why not just sit and have a conversation in the pub? Or play music together? Listen to music together? Both read the same book then discuss it? Just give yourselves something to talk about get on with it.

I do not understand teenagers!
Harv616
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Peach)
Although I think you should go for my first suggestion and take her on a picnic, I will try and think of a few more ideas (as hopefully you will be going on more than one date!! )

Where do you live?
this is for future dates aswell (i hope lol)

And i live in Walsall, a town which is near birmingham

(Original post by Da Bachtopus)
Why are you looking for something to do? Aren't you going out for her, not some arbitrary activity that supposedly justifies your time together?!

Why not just sit and have a conversation in the pub? Or play music together? Listen to music together? Both read the same book then discuss it? Just give yourselves something to talk about get on with it.

Im just trying to make sure she has fun, im happy just seeing her. And you really do scare me :eek:
Peach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

I don't think it's necessary to be quite that patronising. I think this is an issue of trying to find something fun to do together, which isn't really that strange is it? It doesn't mean that someone is trying to justify their time with someone else. Bit of an odd response I have to say, and sort of pointless.

I am not a teenager by the way!!
Peach
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
OK, don't know Birmingham that well, but maybe you could go for a day trip and take her to Cadbury World. Basically, ply her with chocolate

I think, picnic for your first date as it's chilled out and you can sit and chat and get to know each other better. A day trip should probably wait until you've spent a bit of time together

Good luck!!
Da Bachtopus
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be patronising. I merely intend to stress the value of conversation. I find it great fun! I don't think it's necessary to seek out something 'to do'; you're far better off ensuring her a good time by being good company.

From Walsall you could easily get the train to Birmingham city centre for a day. Take her shopping or something like that, see a play in the evening. Brindley Place has some pleasant cafés where you could just sit around.
yukinko
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
err....something intresting..... ice skating? i mean, its hot, so if theres an outdoor ice rink, that could be intresting. and if she cant ice skate, you can catch her and hold her hands and stuff
Harv616
Rep:
?
(Original post by grapefruit_girl)
err....something intresting..... ice skating? i mean, its hot, so if theres an outdoor ice rink, that could be intresting. and if she cant ice skate, you can catch her and hold her hands and stuff
:O sounds like a good idea, anybody know where the ice ring is? (if there is one =/) and how to get there?
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ah, the days when we were too young for the pub and had to be creative.

May I suggest a nice evening walk. Works a charm and doable virtually anywhere.
Harv616
Rep:
?
Bumpety bump

Does anybody know where the Icr ring is in birmingham? and how to get there?

Thanks for any help i get (and i bumped this insted of makeing a new thread)
Da Bachtopus
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)
Bumpety bump

Does anybody know where the Icr ring is in birmingham? and how to get there?

Thanks for any help i get (and i bumped this insted of makeing a new thread)
The ice rink ('Planet Ice') is on Pershore Street. It's near the Arcadian / the Chinese quarter, and is 'behind' the Pallisades shopping centre. It's very easy to reach from New Street Station:

http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/Generat...=0&MENU_ID=666
Harv616
Rep:
?
The ice rink ('Planet Ice') is on Pershore Street. It's near the Arcadian / the Chinese quarter, and is 'behind' the Pallisades shopping centre. It's very easy to reach from New Street Station:

http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/Generat...=0&MENU_ID=666
Thanks

Any chance anybody knows how much it is per person? :confused:
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh for crying out loud.
musicbloke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Anything, as long as you don't use words like "Heck"

MB
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (116)
26.48%
No (322)
73.52%

Watched Threads