Turn on thread page Beta

oxbridge: interviews/general chit-chat watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Chat about your Oxford or Cambridge interview experience here: the build-up as well as the event.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone out there applied for Economics at Cambridge?? :rolleyes: I've got an interview at Homerton College on 8th December for Economics. It's realistically satrting to get a bit scary now, especially since I've done no work for it + i'm in a gap yr so college can't help. Was Homerton a dumb choice of college? i have a feeling it might be - but I thought I might have more chance of getting in there. Anyway.....to the point - ......can anyone give me any idea about these evil, :mad: demon-like questions that they might ask me? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Homerton is not a dumb choice of college. I am at Christ's myself and they have some silly rules, which is pretty bad. As far as I am aware Homerton is quite friendly. I know a couple of people there and they say that the accommodation is marvellous (most is en-suite). It doesnt really bother them being miles from the centre of Cambridge because they either cycle or catch a bus in to town, either way it doesnt take long!

I am sure that WHEN you get in you will really enjoy it, it is the Cambridge experience that matters, not the college (although it is quite important).

CB PhD

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the Homerton interview. And good luck. I have been waiting (here in Boston USA) for an interivew notice but have not received one yet. Does this mean that I will not be invited to meet with them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livlet)
    Has anyone out there applied for Economics at Cambridge?? :rolleyes: I've got an interview at Homerton College on 8th December for Economics. It's realistically satrting to get a bit scary now, especially since I've done no work for it + i'm in a gap yr so college can't help. Was Homerton a dumb choice of college? i have a feeling it might be - but I thought I might have more chance of getting in there. Anyway.....to the point - ......can anyone give me any idea about these evil, :mad: demon-like questions that they might ask me? :confused:
    yes!

ReputationRep:
    i have my interview for homerton on the 17th Dec, for nat sciences. I need to know what they r gonna ask. n e one know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big_Yellow_Taxi)
    yes!
    For such a huge signature, that's one tiny response.

And good luck for your interview Livlet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keithy)
    i have my interview for homerton on the 17th Dec, for nat sciences. I need to know what they r gonna ask. n e one know?
    http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=17674
    some possible brutal/nasty questions.

ReputationRep:
    until we get an oxbridge subforum (which i think we ought to have), use this thread to chat about oxbridge (instead of posting new threads!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    until we get an oxbridge subforum (which i think we ought to have), use this thread to chat about oxbridge (instead of posting new threads!)
    you're a star!

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    you're a star!

lou xxx
    i know

ill start the ball rolling... ive applied to exeter college oxford for physics and philosophy and will be coming up for interview sun 14th dec. anyone else applying to exeter/for physphil?

ReputationRep:
    grrrrr

filthy oxbridge aplicants.....*shakes fist*

ReputationRep:
    oxford didnt give someone i know an interview, they really should have.

anyone in cambridge sun/monday? else ill be bored!

ReputationRep:
    i know

ill start the ball rolling... ive applied to exeter college oxford for physics and philosophy and will be coming up for interview sun 14th dec. anyone else applying to exeter/for physphil?
    hot moist senor Lacon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK0)
    anyone in cambridge sun/monday? else ill be bored!
    Clare choir will still be there. Be warned.

ReputationRep:
    i know

can you move all the oxbridge stuff (rejections thread etc.) into here? *use your mod powers to do something useful instead of changing people's sigs- definately an abuse of privalages*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    My interview is at Trinity Cambridge on tuesday 9th late on in the day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    can you move all the oxbridge stuff (rejections thread etc.) into here? *use your mod powers to do something useful instead of changing people's sigs- definately an abuse of privalages*

lou xxx
    yer i know. He changed mine and banned my ip address at my school.
    But ive changed my sig back again now!!!
    and im at home!!!

ReputationRep:
    Sig. is FAR TOO BIG! :mad: Edit now fixed

I've applied for Earth Sciences at St Anne's College Ox (as has Sarco ) and will be there from Sun 14th until Wed 17th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Clare choir will still be there. Be warned.
    woohoo

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.