Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    hi i wana go to cambridge but i just dont know why... HELP MEEEE!!!!!!

I did not type this!?! :eek:

Somebody knows my password.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK0)
    did clare college cambridge yesterday for engineering. was tough
    what questions did they ask you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    a lot of people here seem to have come from public school backgrounds, but they tend to do essay-y crap like english or history etc.
    Wtf???? What are you implying???? I'm doing a really essay-based subject and I'm not a public school rah lol!!! I know 3 people from my crappy inner city sixth form college who are now at ChCh; they're all doing essay subjects but not one of them went to public school!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    I did not type this!?! :eek:

Somebody knows my password.
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    mikesgt2: don't listen to these fools!

Actually, i have to agree with them, ChCh is a bit snobbish, but not in our half of the playing field (ie maths/scientists). a lot of people here seem to have come from public school backgrounds, but they tend to do essay-y crap like english or history etc.
    lol

Well, I have applied for Maths and Philosophy so I would get a bit of both sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woohoo)
    what questions did they ask you?
    quite a few, about 6 over 2 interviews, they were quite tough maths based questions, was allowed no paper to use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    I know 3 people from my crappy inner city sixth form college who are now at ChCh
    May I just point out that a "crappy" sixth form college doesn't send that many people to Oxford. If I get into Oxford, I will be the first person for at least 5 years to have gone to oxford from my school.

How "crap" does that make my school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Wtf???? What are you implying???? I'm doing a really essay-based subject and I'm not a public school rah lol!!! I know 3 people from my crappy inner city sixth form college who are now at ChCh; they're all doing essay subjects but not one of them went to public school!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    I was talking about christ church, everyone else was ****ging it off, so i thoughti'd join in.

wow. 3 people from the same school in the same college. that's rare.

ReputationRep:
    my interview was particularly hard, a lot harder than the one on the website. I was able to do 4 questions in the hour, and I'd gotten 2 of them totally right. In the interview, it turned out I'd made a really silly mistake on one of them, and had asserted something that needed to be proved on one of them. However, with a bit of prodding (and a few quite stupid mistakes) I ended up correcting them and doing a couple more questions from scracth, but I needed the occassional prod to get me through. I thought I'd done quite badly, but then again, I'm not quite sure what criteria the final decision is based on. I came out thinking i'd done crap, now I'm totally unsure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    my interview was particularly hard, a lot harder than the one on the website. I was able to do 4 questions in the hour, and I'd gotten 2 of them totally right. In the interview, it turned out I'd made a really silly mistake on one of them, and had asserted something that needed to be proved on one of them. However, with a bit of prodding (and a few quite stupid mistakes) I ended up correcting them and doing a couple more questions from scracth, but I needed the occassional prod to get me through. I thought I'd done quite badly, but then again, I'm not quite sure what criteria the final decision is based on. I came out thinking i'd done crap, now I'm totally unsure...
    I have been wondering how you got on at Trinity - perhaps someone who has been through it can reassure you somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry, i though't i'd come out crap, but i got in. some people who thought they did really well didn't get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    don't worry, i though't i'd come out crap, but i got in. some people who thought they did really well didn't get in.
    Thanks for the reassurance elpaw.

Wey, this is my 1000th post *goes into long speech thanking loads of people*, oh wait noone's listening

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reassurance elpaw.

Wey, this is my 1000th post *goes into long speech thanking loads of people*, oh wait noone's listening
    yay! wohoooooo !!

there have been so many of these they're becoming a bit of a cliche.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    yay! wohoooooo !!

there have been so many of these they're becoming a bit of a cliche.
    And i'd like to thank elpaw in particular, oh wait... nevermind...

ReputationRep:
    And i'd like to thank elpaw in particular, oh wait... nevermind...
    What about me for all the support, advice and good wishes......?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    What about me for all the support, advice and good wishes......?
    And yawn for all her support and help throughout this traumatic time

ReputationRep:
    And yawn for all her support and help throughout this traumatic time
    Why thank you! But why do you think I'm a she?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Why thank you! But why do you think I'm a she?
    it says F in your profile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    it says F in your profile
    Oh - but that might mean Figure out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Oh - but that might mean Figure out
    :rolleyes:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.