The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
edders
lol very reassuring pawel

I thought the interview went Ok(even though it was hard)....how did you go Edders?
Reply 241
Blamps
I thought the interview went Ok(even though it was hard)....how did you go Edders?

has he done it yet? i thought it was from sunday.
Reply 242
Blamps

Although the tutors did say that if you had to go then it could mean anything i.e they don't want to/can't be arsed to listen to your tripe again or they have seen enough of your potential and so do not want to interview you further or at other colleges....I don't know if that was just a nicety :mad: :frown:
Reply 243
Blamps

mines this sunday... ill give a report ASAP after its done.
you should only have to wait a week or two for your letter blamps, so sit tight and see what happens.
Reply 244
Blamps
Well, I am not sure because I have read Loftx's site...he got an offer at Pembroke with one interview and I read another site with profiles of applicants who had offers at Pembroke and they had one interview so I am confused...I am not sure if it had something to do with the fact that there were about 40+ applicants,,,one interview in the college I had

do you still mean one single interview? maybe it's a pembroke thing, they can't afford to give more than one interview per applicant
Reply 245
edders
mines this sunday... ill give a report ASAP after its done.
you should only have to wait a week or two for your letter blamps, so sit tight and see what happens.

it comes on the 24th apparently :rolleyes: :biggrin: and BTW it's my birthday today :biggrin:
Reply 246
Blamps
it comes on the 24th apparently :rolleyes: :biggrin: and BTW it's my birthday today :biggrin:

happy birthday. you can now drink.
Reply 247
elpaw
do you still mean one single interview? maybe it's a pembroke thing, they can't afford to give more than one interview per applicant

Yeah maybe...I have noticed on that Oxbridge profiles site thingy that quite a few ppl in the past had 1 interview for law as a whole so I suspose there is still hope!
Reply 248
elpaw
happy birthday. you can now drink.

were/are you still at Christchurch?
Reply 249
elpaw

lol MIAOW!
Reply 250
edders
lol MIAOW!

:confused:
Reply 251
Blamps
were/are you still at Christchurch?

do you mean right now? no. im back in london (and i should be getting ready to go out to work, but im stuck on here)
Reply 252
elpaw
do you mean right now? no. im back in london (and i should be getting ready to go out to work, but im stuck on here)

I saw somebody being chased into the 'church' quad yesterday out of a shop..was quite funny...which pubs around there do you go to?
Reply 253
Blamps
I saw somebody being chased into the 'church' quad yesterday out of a shop..was quite funny...which pubs around there do you go to?

I went to the Hobgoblin a few times although I was a bit annoyed about the price for a pint in Oxford!
Reply 254
Blamps

usually the undercroft (collage bar i.e. cheap booze), hobgoblin's a townie bar (not frequently habited by students)
Reply 255
elpaw
usually the undercroft (collage bar i.e. cheap booze), hobgoblin's a townie bar (not frequently habited by students)

hehe...the 'broke' college bar was closed due to their lack of funds to heat and light the place and provide power for the pump taps :tongue:
Reply 256
Blamps
hehe...the 'broke' college bar was closed due to their lack of funds to heat and light the place and provide power for the pump taps :tongue:

and youve applied there, lol
Reply 257
edders
and youve applied there, lol

I was joking although their bar was closed
Reply 258
Got back from my PPE interviews yesterday and am still shattered.

Had 1hr 15mins test on monday, politics 20mins interview monday pm, philosophy 20mins interview tuesday morning and 40min economics on tuesday afternoon. They went OK..its really hard to judge as they push you to think a lot and it mashes up your brain totally.

Keble is a wicked college, lovely people, so friendly and helpful, nice JCR and good bar apart from the bar man calling last orders about 10.30 on tuesday when we all intended to get pissed :eek:
Reply 259
By this point in time, most of the Cambridge applicants have probably had their interviews already (or are having them as we speak). I had mine a couple days ago and I just want to see how everyone else thinks they did. A couple questions to get the ball rolling:

-Were the interviews as scary as you thought they would be?

-Looking back, would you have said/acted/worn anything different?

Latest

Trending

Trending