Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Clare choir will still be there. Be warned.
    Sounds scary Does that mean you will be there, too? I thought more or less all the students would be away on vacation so that we filthy little applicants could infest the place...

ReputationRep:
    ive applied for medicine at magdalen oxford, my interview is on sunday 14th dec. did ne1 else aply to oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julia r)
    ive applied for medicine at magdalen oxford, my interview is on sunday 14th dec. did ne1 else aply to oxford?
    is gordon brown a personal friend?

ReputationRep:
    I did I have an interview at Worcester on the 15th and an interview at Somerville the day after...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    I did I have an interview at Worcester on the 15th and an interview at Somerville the day after...
    nice!
    margaret thatcher did chemistry at somerville (it was an all-women college back then). are you going to follow in her footsteps lucy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    is gordon brown a personal friend?
    lol no i live in jersey. why do you ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    wow well done you!!

ReputationRep:
    lol apparently most 'Somervillians' (?!) try to 'forget' the fact that margaret thatcher studied there I have no clue what Somerville is like nor where it is even situated and Jools hasn't really given me anything positive on the college - oh well, it's probably just a 'formality' anyway

ReputationRep:
    wow well done you!!
    You too And on your BMAT score - 'average' mark was supposed to be around 4.2 or something so you did really well Which college were you assigned to?

ReputationRep:
    Laura Spence....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Laura Spence....
    i don't know who she is..altho the name rings a bell!

ReputationRep:
    i don't know who she is..altho the name rings a bell!
    There was an uproar (fuelled by Gordon Brown and her headteacher) when Laura Spence got rejected from Magdalen (for medicine)...

ReputationRep:
    My name is from Jersey..can I have a medal :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B00kwOrm)
    Sounds scary Does that mean you will be there, too? I thought more or less all the students would be away on vacation so that we filthy little applicants could infest the place...
    No, I won't be there as I'm not in the choir. They have to stay on as they have a bunch of concerts next week. Don't know if other college's choirs are doing the same, but you're going to John's, aren't you? Guess there's a chance they'll still be there, but there won't be so many as they use boys for trebles, so only the men (about 8, probably) will still be there. There'll be a few internationals around as well. Most of us have to leave though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    My name is from Jersey..can I have a medal :confused:
    i don't want a medal... i only pointed it out because jersey don't use the uk government so im nt that familiar about uk politics. ther's no need to be nasty

ReputationRep:
    i don't want a medal... i only pointed it out because jersey don't use the uk government so im nt that familiar about uk politics. ther's no need to be nasty
    I wasn't being nasty at all hence the I was just saying my family is from Jersey hence my name...chill!

ReputationRep:
    hiya!
    ne1 got an interview for cambridge for medicine?
    x

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Trinity Hall, Cambridge for computer science. My interviews the 12th (a week tommrow).
    Anyone else here applied for Comp Sci. or to Trinity Hall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0nnie)
    hiya!
    ne1 got an interview for cambridge for medicine?
    x
    I'm at Cambridge, doing medicine. What college are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I'm at Cambridge, doing medicine. What college are you applying to?
    st john's, i've got my interview next tues! i'm scared!
    what college u at?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.