Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    same here, I just want to know

ReputationRep:
    My post doesn't come till 11am ish either so I'm going in for my last day of term and going to be clutching my mobile in my hand constantly waiting for a parental unit to call if theres a letter...

ReputationRep:
    come on guys at least have pity on the cambridge lot who have 2 WEEKS to wait, it's agony lol!!
    not really as am positive it'll be a nice skinny rejection slip!!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone seems to worry about the decision. Why not just phone them and find out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charles)
    Everyone seems to worry about the decision. Why not just phone them and find out?
    They're not allowed to tell people over the phone for security reasons apparently.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    They're not allowed to tell people over the phone for security reasons apparently.

So we have to wait............

ReputationRep:
    Where have u applied to ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)

Huh what??? I got mine over the phone... it was from the tutor.... maybe its too costly to do it in every college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hells Bells)
    Where have u applied to ?
    Me???? I'm a current student at St Hilda's College Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powerball)
    Huh what??? I got mine over the phone... it was from the tutor.... maybe its too costly to do it in every college
    Did you ring them or did they ring you???

ReputationRep:
    they rung me 8.20 this morning! first my mobile and then my house... i didnt answer the first call because I was half asleep!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powerball)
    they rung me 8.20 this morning! first my mobile and then my house... i didnt answer the first call because I was half asleep!!
    Well there you go, they rang you. If you were to ring them though I bet they wouldn't tell you because you could be anybody. At least if they ring your house and your mobile they know its you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allotriophagy)
    I have a horrible feeling that if I don't get into John's, they will pool me to one of the mature colleges...

How do people feel about the prospect of going to Cambridge but not to their first choice college? For example, girls who applied to a mixed college but get offered a place at one of the all female colleges?

a.
    I mean, I'd have to spend a long time thinking about it, but I've been studying at an all-girls school for a considerable amount of time, and to be honest, I think I'd like something a bit different. There must be some snobbery too, by the other colleges, since I'd imagine the all-girls places would just get the reputation of housing all the people who weren't first-choices for their colleges.

I think it's really unfair how girls have this added chance (and at Durham) of being shoved in an all-girls college. Guys don't have to go through the same problem!

ReputationRep:
    AHHH its nearlly 1pm and my post STILL hasn't come! grrr!

ReputationRep:
    powerball how did u do? did u get an offer? what course/college?

ReputationRep:
    oh can anyone help me here... what do the rejection/acceptance letters look like, eg are they different eg diff envelopes/sizes etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    oh can anyone help me here... what do the rejection/acceptance letters look like, eg are they different eg diff envelopes/sizes etc?
    All you've got to do is open the envelope

ReputationRep:
    if the bloomin evelope eva comes that is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    i know that acceptance's come in big envelope......i'll find out about the colour in a sec when my friend rings me.........my post just arrived, but nothing from oxford.......so i think rejections r being sent off 2day and success's were sent yest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonkey)
    i know that acceptance's come in big envelope.....
    Not true - last year my acceptance was just a one-sheet A4 letter in a regular size envelope. White with College stamp as I remember...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 25, 2003
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.