Turn on thread page Beta

oxbridge: interviews/general chit-chat watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Pemboke college, Oxford this morning to read History!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WOWOWWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO WOWOWOw
    So shocked as you can imagine.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone talk about questions asked in economics or PPE interviews?
    I would love to know! I will likely apply for economics or PPE next year. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Aliel!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livlet)
    Ok, this is for any economist or general cam applicants stressing over interviews out there. I applied and Good Luck!
    HI Livlet - can u tell me how many candidates per place there were at Homerton? I will apply next year. Thanks for info left on uk-learning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    I got an offer from Pemboke college, Oxford this morning to read History!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WOWOWWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO WOWOWOw
    So shocked as you can imagine.
    hey, congrats! did u receive letter thru the post?

ReputationRep:
    Newbie here. Just got my Oxford letter. Picked up this morning, my hands were tremblin. Envelope had some weight so that was a good sign. Took the letter out and just dropped it :eek: .....picked it back up and OFFER!!!! AAA with an A in geography. Place was for geography at Worcester college.

Can't believe it. There were 16 apps. for 4 places, all had better grades and essays than me. ( My GCSE's were A*AAAABBBC and my essays were both 20/25).

Been stressin over this for a good six months, affected all my schoolwork, now hope to get things back to normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    Newbie here. Just got my Oxford letter. Picked up this morning, my hands were tremblin. Envelope had some weight so that was a good sign. Took the letter out and just dropped it :eek: .....picked it back up and OFFER!!!! AAA with an A in geography. Place was for geography at Worcester college.

Can't believe it. There were 16 apps. for 4 places, all had better grades and essays than me. ( My GCSE's were A*AAAABBBC and my essays were both 20/25).

Been stressin over this for a good six months, affected all my schoolwork, now hope to get things back to normal.
    Thats fantastic .... you sound like deserve it!! I've got to wait for my Cam one... but that's brilliant for you.. WELL DONE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)

awww congrats....i'm waiting for my letter AGAIN today.........:'(

ReputationRep:
    Well done veedy!

But make sure you get that schoolwork back on track so you get to go!!

ReputationRep:
    Thnx , specialheffa, wonkey Sazzle. Good luck to you all!!! I know what you're all going thru waitin for your letters. All I can say is if possible, try to start revisin for your exams before you get your letter, so that whatever it says at least you will have started your revision. If you can't, then I recommend just thinking about where you would go if you don't get into Ox/Cam, and just think of the advantages of that place, so that if you do get rejected then you will be happy elsewhere hopefully, and if you get accepted then you can enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    what the ****, i heard you're just going to oxford for da rabbits, my friends want to do managenment and textiles and saber fighting and you say thank you to him when he eats in harry potter hall.

ReputationRep:
    Is it wrong to cry when you get an offer from Oxbridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)

Nope, although I wouldn't tell every1 you did if you do. No-one will no how much it means to you except you yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)

Did you get in??

No it's not wrong to cry - I cried when I passed my driving test - when you get really worked up about something the stress finally 'gives' when it's all over and it may come out in the form of tears.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    No its not wrong to cry at all, if i had received an offer I think I would have cried much more than I did yesterday when I didn't receive an offer, after all the year has been such a struggle i.e :-

working hard to get the AS grades, visiting Oxford/Cam, deciding to apply for Oxford/Cam, making such that the UCAS form is done on time, filling out the extra Oxford form, sending work/preparing for an exam,preparing for interviews, going to interviews and then waiting for the results.

In my opinion its all a massive pressure build up and to receive an offer makes it all worthwhile and crying with relief seems only natural!

Stay happy!
    Kat

ReputationRep:
    what college Kat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)

have u got an offer? i think i'm gonna cry now ....i can just feel i've been rejected

ReputationRep:
    Wow, people actually have decisions, that's amazing, lots of offers it seems. Congats all who got in, to all who didn't, you're all invited to my sitting around feeling sorry for ourselves party.

ReputationRep:
    wonky i feel the same, infact I just have been crying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    wonky i feel the same, infact I just have been crying!

awww this sucks......wot did u apply for? wot college? it'll be funny if we both end up being accepted, lol.......wishful thinking

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.