Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    splendid idea! enough to warm our hearts for the forthcoming year
    *Jingle bells, Oxford smells, Cambridge are a buch of t**ts* we could all sing in a burning ritual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    *Jingle bells, Oxford smells, Cambridge are a buch of t**ts* we could all sing in a burning ritual
    lol i might have to join you come tomorrow mornings/afternoons post.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to burn last year's Cam one *if* Oxford's one is good news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah)
    Has anyone ever heard of people being rejected over the phone? Or do you know youve got a place if you get a phone call?
    em... apparently Keable, Oxford, will phone you if you get a place. So I've been told. I sincerely hope Pembroke, Cambridge, is not going to do that to me. I would much prefer a written conformation/rejection.

ReputationRep:
    well, good luck to those who have yet to receive their letters. Remember, whatever happens, happens. There are 5 other unis on your list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caius)
    well, good luck to those who have yet to receive their letters. Remember, whatever happens, happens. There are 5 other unis on your list.
    erm I only put down 3 others - and I definately wouldn't go to one of them and probably not the second, so that leaves me with one! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    em... apparently Keable, Oxford, will phone you if you get a place. So I've been told. I sincerely hope Pembroke, Cambridge, is not going to do that to me. I would much prefer a written conformation/rejection.
    thats not true, some1 i know got an offern from Keble for geo and they heard by letter on saturday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzle)
    erm I only put down 3 others - and I definately wouldn't go to one of them and probably not the second, so that leaves me with one! :eek:
    As you can only attend one uni at a time then one is all you need

ReputationRep:
    True, but I have never even been to Durham - I hope I like it!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when Cambridge are posting? I can't wait much longer! Just want to get it over with. Does anyone else feel worried about having to tell everyone about a rejection? I know my family will be understanding but it's still gonna be awful to say "I didn't get in" then have everyone go "aww, never mind, it's no big shakes." Arghh!! Scared!! xx

Ooh, good luck to all the oxford people! My friend got an offer from Keble yesterday and he didn't think his interviews went particularly well so don't lose faith guys!!

ReputationRep:
    When i went on the Newnham open day in september, the admissions tutor said that this year all the colleges have decided to post in early january, but other Cam applicants on this forum have said they were told december, so who knows...

ReputationRep:
    yea i dunno whats with all these January rumours for Cam.. but i was told by Jesus college they are trying to get the letters out in December, xmas time.. post permitting OTHERWISE it will be new year..

Everyone try not to panic... even if you don't get in, you're damn luck even to get an interview!!

xx

ReputationRep:
    i nearly 100% sure my oxford letter will arrive tomorrow morning. am i the only one who is really anxious?
    lol u know i'm feeling like that too.....i've been banging on about it since fri.........but for some reason i don't feel as bad as yest. i've just accepted the fact that i'm def getting it 2moro!

ReputationRep:
    wow in comparison mine wasnt too bad: 6 for 0-2 places. puts it into perspective hearing yours
    wow thats well good...mine was 18 for 4 places i think.

ReputationRep:
    Heya!
    I also had my Economics interview at Homerton on the 8th of dec! What a small world lol! I don't know quite what to say about it but it was def in keeping with the oxbridge interview spirit! lol
    How did everyone else find it and has anyone heard any news yet?
    Sxxx

ReputationRep:
    Mine should deffinitely come tomorow as well. it had better, I have been waiting for far too long for it now. I couldn't take another day! Just need closure now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzie)
    thats not true, some1 i know got an offern from Keble for geo and they heard by letter on saturday
    i've heard that Keble get rang and i think a follow up letter! i haven't heard anyone being rejected thru the fone by Keble tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janon)
    Mine should deffinitely come tomorow as well. it had better, I have been waiting for far too long for it now. I couldn't take another day! Just need closure now.
    i so agree with you. it'll be so good when the whole ordeal ends!

ReputationRep:
    Heya!
    I also had my Economics interview at Homerton on the 8th of dec! What a small world lol! I don't know quite what to say about it but it was def in keeping with the oxbridge interview spirit! lol
    How did everyone else find it and has anyone heard any news yet?

ReputationRep:
    yup keble!!! got phoned!!! except it was from the economics tutor himself so it maybe just that department

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.