Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what courses and colleges did you guys apply for?

ReputationRep:
    hello,
    I applied for SPS at Clare. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Economics all the way !!!!! lol

ReputationRep:
    did you apply to Oxbridge?

ReputationRep:
    No Cambridge...you were Oxford rite?

ReputationRep:
    no, Cambridge too!

ReputationRep:
    when day was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    My interview was 8th dec and yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Really don't try and judge your chances of acceptance on the interview.....hand on heart mine was truly awful....but have come to the conclusion the offer was based on me being able to entertain the tutor for a few years.......
    Ahhh but what were your grades at GCSE and AS?? Full marks with honours at the international olympiad for physics (or whatever) and the UCAS prize for top student? Interviews don't have to go exceptionally well if you are already outstanding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiennaMorrow)
    Ahhh but what were your grades at GCSE and AS?? Full marks with honours at the international olympiad for physics (or whatever) and the UCAS prize for top student? Interviews don't have to go exceptionally well if you are already outstanding.

LOL....C at Maths and CC for Science GCSE.....!!

ReputationRep:
    ok im going to bed now... pretty sure letter will greet me in the morning. very best of luck to everyone opening oxbridge mail tomorrow morning!! ill try and let you all know the reply if it comes.
    *ponders taking up prayer*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    ok im going to bed now... pretty sure letter will greet me in the morning. very best of luck to everyone opening oxbridge mail tomorrow morning!! ill try and let you all know the reply if it comes.
    *ponders taking up prayer*
    lol gd luck 2 u too........'sweet dreams?!' haha

ReputationRep:
    sorry fot the late answer...
    mine was on the 9th of December, and I had a test too. The interview was supposed to be 40 min. long but it ended up being 50 min long, so the girl after me only had 30. What do you think, is it a good sign if your interview is longer than scheduled?
    by the way, which college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomek J.)
    sorry fot the late answer...
    mine was on the 9th of December, and I had a test too. The interview was supposed to be 40 min. long but it ended up being 50 min long, so the girl after me only had 30. What do you think, is it a good sign if your interview is longer than scheduled?
    IF you interview is longer than scheduled then it probably means one of:

a) Your interviewer really enjoyed talking to you and wanted to carry on

b) Your interviewer was giving you more time so that you could show your full potential

Either way it is a good sign if you think you dd ok towards the end of your interview, so good luck

ReputationRep:
    w00 yay! My boyf just got an offer from Oxford for Physics!! I'm so proud of him...especially seeing as he messed up on one question in the interview...speed/time graphs, the tricksters! heehee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Lory)
    w00 yay! My boyf just got an offer from Oxford for Physics!! I'm so proud of him...especially seeing as he messed up on one question in the interview...speed/time graphs, the tricksters! heehee
    Congratualations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    Congratualations
    Cheers. I'll tell you something, even I've felt the strain that this kinda thing puts on applicants. I had to go to our Prom dateless last year just so he could attend a Science Weekend at Cambridge to go on his UCAS form, not to mention all the weekends we've spent apart from each other so he can go visit the place and do the little exam things. I hate Physics aswell lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Lory)
    Cheers. I'll tell you something, even I've felt the strain that this kinda thing puts on applicants. I had to go to our Prom dateless last year just so he could attend a Science Weekend at Cambridge to go on his UCAS form, not to mention all the weekends we've spent apart from each other so he can go visit the place and do the little exam things. I hate Physics aswell lol
    Lol! Well, at least that shows that you've got a string relationship there , you being prepared to spend them times away from him to help him. Are you going to uni next year as well?

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot, you too!

TO ANYBODY WHO APPLIED TO CLARE COLLEGE CAMBRIDGE:
    I just called the admissions office and they said that they will send off the letters on the 30th of December; so don't expect your offers/rejections this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomek J.)
    thanks a lot, you too!

TO ANYBODY WHO APPLIED TO CLARE COLLEGE CAMBRIDGE:
    I just called the admissions office and they said that they will send off the letters on the 30th of December; so don't expect your offers/rejections this year!
    Speaking of this,

My interview went longer than it was supposed to be (I think I was the last one in the morning section because when I came out no one was waiting outside), and my interviewer still kept asking me about my other interests and asked me to talk more about my job experiences at the end, is this a good sign then?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.