Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    I'm leaving tomorrow for PPE interview. Feel extremely unprepared and have focused far too much on packing rather than actually reading stuff. Am scared now
    hehe - you sound just like me.

which college are you applying too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    hehe - you sound just like me.

which college are you applying too?
    Keble - which I just realised is not where I thought it was. Cue mad parental panic of how to get there :rolleyes:

How about you? What course etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    Keble - which I just realised is not where I thought it was.

How about you? What course etc?
    PPE. Corpus Christi.

ReputationRep:
    Have applied for physics at Hertford. Anyone know what it's like and what sort of chances I'v got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livlet)
    Has anyone out there applied for Economics at Cambridge?? :rolleyes: I've got an interview at Homerton College on 8th December for Economics. It's realistically satrting to get a bit scary now, especially since I've done no work for it + i'm in a gap yr so college can't help. Was Homerton a dumb choice of college? i have a feeling it might be - but I thought I might have more chance of getting in there. Anyway.....to the point - ......can anyone give me any idea about these evil, :mad: demon-like questions that they might ask me? :confused:
    hi there!

I'm applying to Trinity for Economics, and I'd appreciate some info about the interview, especially since it is on tuesday! I'm in a gap year too, Livlet, and have done virtually no work for the interview... so I'm a bit scared too... anyhow, let's hope for the best next week, right?

looking forward to replies from anyone

bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with John's, I think the general idea is that it's cos they're too good at everything! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll like it there! See mine and MadNatSci's conversation with Bookworm on this subject on the University discussion page (I think it's called History freaks, but we hijacked it!)

I don't know what other advice to give you, as I don't know the people who will be interviewing you or anything. Just be yourself and if you don't know something, admit it and try to work it out rather than ********ting.
    do u think it is hard to get into clare? i am applying economics at clare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Igor)
    hi there!

I'm applying to Trinity for Economics, and I'd appreciate some info about the interview, especially since it is on tuesday! I'm in a gap year too, Livlet, and have done virtually no work for the interview... so I'm a bit scared too... anyhow, let's hope for the best next week, right?

looking forward to replies from anyone

bye
    i am applyign economics at clare, and know nothing about economics. now i am really regret that i choose economics instead of maths!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xinxinlu)
    do u think it is hard to get into clare? i am applying economics at clare.
    it is generally "hard" go get into any college of oxbridge, especially for economics.

(Original post by Helenia)
    I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with John's, I think the general idea is that it's cos they're too good at everything! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll like it there! See mine and MadNatSci's conversation with Bookworm on this subject on the University discussion page (I think it's called History freaks, but we hijacked it!)

I don't know what other advice to give you, as I don't know the people who will be interviewing you or anything. Just be yourself and if you don't know something, admit it and try to work it out rather than ********ting.
    The general idea is they are up themselves, have a large proportion of complete w*nkers, and feel the need to express their inferiority complex over Trinity every time they get drunk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icy)
    it is generally "hard" go get into any college of oxbridge, especially for economics.
    now that's a comfort. I'm applying for economics at trinity, cambridge...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    The general idea is they are up themselves, have a large proportion of complete w*nkers, and feel the need to express their inferiority complex over Trinity every time they get drunk.
    According to some students at St Benets Hall (pretty near to St John's) whom I met on an open day, St John's students are all geeks....and this was coming from croquet-playing people, with clothes circa 1910.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Muffin)
    According to some students at St Benets Hall (pretty near to St John's) whom I met on an open day, St John's students are all geeks....and this was coming from croquet-playing people, with clothes circa 1910.
    I know a student at St. Johns and I can tell you that's utter rubbish...

ReputationRep:
    Don't generalise!

ReputationRep:
    I have two interviews at Churchill College, Cambridge for Natural Sciences on Tuesday 9th. They are both subject interviews with different tutors, and it seems strange from what I've read here that I don't have a general interview. :confused:

Does anyone else have interviews at Churchill? Anyone specify chemistry?

What advice would people give me?

---Scorpion---

ReputationRep:
    That's St John's Oxford... the others are talking about St John's Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    I have decided not to wear a suit......but am not sure what to wear then. I dont want to wear a suit...but now am stuck of what to wear. What a calamityv :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    I have decided not to wear a suit......but am not sure what to wear then. I dont want to wear a suit...but now am stuck of what to wear. What a calamityv :rolleyes:
    im going to wear a suit got a very reasonable bundle from Next a week ago for £130 i think (trousers, jacket, shirt and tie) and its actually quite comfy (so i wont feel awkward)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone applied to Jesus college, cam? Anyone got any thoughts about? Good or Bad!!

Enjoy... xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    Hi, has anyone applied to Jesus college, cam? Anyone got any thoughts about? Good or Bad!!

Enjoy... xx
    I have a friend in Jesus.... <Boom Boom>

Seriously, I've liked everyone I've met form Jesus so far...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz)
    I have a friend in Jesus.... <Boom Boom>

Seriously, I've liked everyone I've met form Jesus so far...
    I like that joke!! Same for me, that's got to mean something! lol..

xxx

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.