The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Sophdoph
I'm leaving tomorrow for PPE interview. Feel extremely unprepared and have focused far too much on packing rather than actually reading stuff. Am scared now :frown:
hehe - you sound just like me. :smile:

which college are you applying too?
Reply 81
llama boy
hehe - you sound just like me. :smile:

which college are you applying too?

Keble - which I just realised is not where I thought it was. Cue mad parental panic of how to get there :rolleyes:

How about you? What course etc?
Reply 82
Sophdoph
Keble - which I just realised is not where I thought it was.

How about you? What course etc?
PPE. Corpus Christi. :smile:
Reply 83
Have applied for physics at Hertford. Anyone know what it's like and what sort of chances I'v got?
Reply 84
Livlet
Has anyone out there applied for Economics at Cambridge?? :rolleyes: I've got an interview at Homerton College on 8th December for Economics. It's realistically satrting to get a bit scary now, especially since I've done no work for it + i'm in a gap yr so college can't help. Was Homerton a dumb choice of college? i have a feeling it might be - but I thought I might have more chance of getting in there. Anyway.....to the point - ......can anyone give me any idea about these evil, :mad: demon-like questions that they might ask me? :confused:

hi there!

I'm applying to Trinity for Economics, and I'd appreciate some info about the interview, especially since it is on tuesday! I'm in a gap year too, Livlet, and have done virtually no work for the interview... so I'm a bit scared too... anyhow, let's hope for the best next week, right?

looking forward to replies from anyone :smile:

bye
Reply 85
Helenia
I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with John's, I think the general idea is that it's cos they're too good at everything! :tongue: Don't worry, I'm sure you'll like it there! See mine and MadNatSci's conversation with Bookworm on this subject on the University discussion page (I think it's called History freaks, but we hijacked it!)

I don't know what other advice to give you, as I don't know the people who will be interviewing you or anything. Just be yourself and if you don't know something, admit it and try to work it out rather than bullshitting.

do u think it is hard to get into clare? i am applying economics at clare.
Reply 86
Igor
hi there!

I'm applying to Trinity for Economics, and I'd appreciate some info about the interview, especially since it is on tuesday! I'm in a gap year too, Livlet, and have done virtually no work for the interview... so I'm a bit scared too... anyhow, let's hope for the best next week, right?

looking forward to replies from anyone :smile:

bye

i am applyign economics at clare, and know nothing about economics. now i am really regret that i choose economics instead of maths!!!:frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 87
xinxinlu
do u think it is hard to get into clare? i am applying economics at clare.

it is generally "hard" go get into any college of oxbridge, especially for economics.
Helenia
I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with John's, I think the general idea is that it's cos they're too good at everything! :tongue: Don't worry, I'm sure you'll like it there! See mine and MadNatSci's conversation with Bookworm on this subject on the University discussion page (I think it's called History freaks, but we hijacked it!)

I don't know what other advice to give you, as I don't know the people who will be interviewing you or anything. Just be yourself and if you don't know something, admit it and try to work it out rather than bullshitting.

The general idea is they are up themselves, have a large proportion of complete w*nkers, and feel the need to express their inferiority complex over Trinity every time they get drunk.
Reply 89
icy
it is generally "hard" go get into any college of oxbridge, especially for economics.

now that's a comfort. I'm applying for economics at trinity, cambridge...
foolfarian
The general idea is they are up themselves, have a large proportion of complete w*nkers, and feel the need to express their inferiority complex over Trinity every time they get drunk.

According to some students at St Benets Hall (pretty near to St John's) whom I met on an open day, St John's students are all geeks....and this was coming from croquet-playing people, with clothes circa 1910.
Reply 91
Evil Muffin
According to some students at St Benets Hall (pretty near to St John's) whom I met on an open day, St John's students are all geeks....and this was coming from croquet-playing people, with clothes circa 1910.

I know a student at St. Johns and I can tell you that's utter rubbish...
Reply 92
Evil Muffin

Don't generalise!
Reply 93
I have two interviews at Churchill College, Cambridge for Natural Sciences on Tuesday 9th. They are both subject interviews with different tutors, and it seems strange from what I've read here that I don't have a general interview. :confused:

Does anyone else have interviews at Churchill? Anyone specify chemistry?

What advice would people give me?

---Scorpion---
Evil Muffin

That's St John's Oxford... the others are talking about St John's Cambridge.
Reply 95
I have decided not to wear a suit......but am not sure what to wear then. I dont want to wear a suit...but now am stuck of what to wear. What a calamityv :rolleyes:
Reply 96
aliel
I have decided not to wear a suit......but am not sure what to wear then. I dont want to wear a suit...but now am stuck of what to wear. What a calamityv :rolleyes:

im going to wear a suit :smile: got a very reasonable bundle from Next a week ago for £130 i think (trousers, jacket, shirt and tie) and its actually quite comfy (so i wont feel awkward)
Hi, has anyone applied to Jesus college, cam? Anyone got any thoughts about? Good or Bad!!

Enjoy... xx
Specialheffa
Hi, has anyone applied to Jesus college, cam? Anyone got any thoughts about? Good or Bad!!

Enjoy... xx

I have a friend in Jesus.... <Boom Boom>

Seriously, I've liked everyone I've met form Jesus so far...
Haz
I have a friend in Jesus.... <Boom Boom>

Seriously, I've liked everyone I've met form Jesus so far...

I like that joke!! Same for me, that's got to mean something! lol..

xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending