WJEC Economics-HELP!!!!!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mehmet
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Does anyone know what the EC4 and EC5 papers will be about as i have no idea.
Steerz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't know sorry.

I'm sitting them too this Tuesday (along with two RS exams )

It'll probably be topical though, so maybe economic aid/development (because of the G8 summit in Gleneagle) or maybe oligopolies (Morrisons takeover of Safeways) although oligopolies was last year too, so maybe it won't be. House prices and interest rates (?). Something in the news probably.

I'll eat my hat if there isn't an Euro question anywhere. It's the staple of WJEC's exams (especially EC6).

I hope EC5 isn't as hard as last years! I had a D in that paper

Good luck anyway!
Steerz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh! that was odd!

I didn't like EC4 - a monopoly question on Royal Mail. I gave up half way through, realising that I wouldn't improve on last years grade in it.

EC5 however - looking at the Governments past economic performance was much better, although I run out of time.

Oh well, it's out of my hands now. I can only revise more thoroughly for EC6!
devesh254
Report 13 years ago
I thought it was OK...could have been much worse...EC5 (a) was nice 20 marks for supply side policies...I should have drawn the Laffer curve for EC5 (c) but didnt remember to! Royal mail question wasnt too bad...I didnt want to do the venezuela one! Royal Mail had questions on Barriers to Entry and how it was a Monopoly which I thought weren't too bad...

All in all...it went ok...fingers crossed...

Anyone else on here do WJEC?

Oh and Steerz...get your hat out...no euro/erm :laugh:
Steerz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by devesh254)
I thought it was OK...could have been much worse...EC5 (a) was nice 20 marks for supply side policies...I should have drawn the Laffer curve for EC5 (c) but didnt remember to! Royal mail question wasnt too bad...I didnt want to do the venezuela one! Royal Mail had questions on Barriers to Entry and how it was a Monopoly which I thought weren't too bad...

All in all...it went ok...fingers crossed...
I couldn't remember a thing for the Royal Mail question. I avoid Trade & Development questions like the plague, so I had to do the Royal mail one. I'll just have to have last years mark.

I'm really going to have to kick arse in EC6 if I'm to get an A this year. I needed to make 24 more marks this year and EC4 and 5 should have been where I made the bulk of them.

(Original post by devesh254)
Anyone else on here do WJEC?

Oh and Steerz...get your hat out...no euro/erm :laugh:
Consider it well and truly eaten!

It'll definately be on EC6 though. If it's not, I'll have to eat your hat too! I was quite surprised, given how topical it is.
devesh254
Report 13 years ago
The thing about EC6 is that you got so much choice...3 essays to be chosen out of 6...and there wil always be things like efficiency, development, bop, phillips curve etc...u have the option of choosing essay titles which you are more comfortable with...you can write stuff which you understand better and know more about i.e. you can revise your strongest topics more and go into the exam and choose essay titles releated to them...

also ec6 grade boundaries r low....as long as u do good revision on ur strongest topics...u will be fine...the weird thing is that ec6 is worth the same as ec3...and if anything i think that the ec4/ec5 exams that we had together will prove to be harder than ec6...

anyway gluck to u and everyone else doing wjec econ here...!
Steerz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Good luck to you too. I'll probably be back to say how it went.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (253)
27.23%
No (676)
72.77%

Watched Threads