Turn on thread page Beta

over trained watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    i now feel fine!

i had a big arguement with my coach who claimed i was being a pussy, he's now thinking of dropping me. :|

gonna go for a light jog, dont think ill do weights today.

I'm 19 now, have been doing weights for a few years and can now shift some fairy heavy weights (105kg) bench for 6 reps. At first i was going all out repeating the same exercises everyday and basically i was feeling sore and feel i'll rather fast. I'm sure you aren't doing this but anyway just making a point.
    Also it is paramount that you take a good week off every 3-4 months in my opinion, the body is very adaptive this is true but it is not designed to be a machine. I'm not sure how old you are but im guessing your around my sort of age and recently their have been many articals stating that people of our age do not need the same level of stimulation to cause muscle grow as our older counterparts, and training at the same level as a mid twentys male is not actually as beneficially as training with a less intense routine.
    What sort of supplements do you take? because i genuinely feel that there are some good supps out that chondroitin ive found to be good and i also take flaxseed oil. Keeps me feelin gmore supple and alert during the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamarr)
    I'm 19 now, have been doing weights for a few years and can now shift some fairy heavy weights (105kg) bench for 6 reps. At first i was going all out repeating the same exercises everyday and basically i was feeling sore and feel i'll rather fast. I'm sure you aren't doing this but anyway just making a point.
    Also it is paramount that you take a good week off every 3-4 months in my opinion, the body is very adaptive this is true but it is not designed to be a machine. I'm not sure how old you are but im guessing your around my sort of age and recently their have been many articals stating that people of our age do not need the same level of stimulation to cause muscle grow as our older counterparts, and training at the same level as a mid twentys male is not actually as beneficially as training with a less intense routine.
    What sort of supplements do you take? because i genuinely feel that there are some good supps out that chondroitin ive found to be good and i also take flaxseed oil. Keeps me feelin gmore supple and alert during the day.
    Umm, nope, i dont have a **** routine, nor diet.

Supplements, whey, flaxseed and ribose.

Supplements, or lack of, have nothing to do with me over-training, being that i've trained most days for over a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    Umm, nope, i dont have a **** routine, nor diet.

Supplements, whey, flaxseed and ribose.

Supplements, or lack of, have nothing to do with me over-training, being that i've trained most days for over a year.

As i said mate i never even suggested you had a **** routine or diet. I was merely trying to get a better perspective on what your routine/diet etc was like. Nevermind though.

ReputationRep:
    Having a week off isnt really necessary for physiological adapation, although it can be quite beneficial mentally.

I think research has shown that a programme should be structured so that 3 weeks of progressive overload should be followed by a week of recovery exercise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Having a week off isnt really necessary for physiological adapation, although it can be quite beneficial mentally.

I think research has shown that a programme should be structured so that 3 weeks of progressive overload should be followed by a week of recovery exercise.

Well i find after 3 months of hammering the gym, i truely need a well deserved break, gives my joints and ligaments a chance to fully recover.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.