The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

foolfarian
In what possible way is this an example of 'Over PC'
These lads were pissed up, and being the stereotypical drunken obnoxious 'look at me, im so funny' student idiots.
Quite rightly the police arrested them. Whether its best to charge them with drunk and disorderly or whatever is a matter for the lawyers, not the cops.

'Lets go back to the 40s' - When the cop could have just given you a good thrashing instead?

I must say that i agree with every word of that. *reconsiders purpose in life*

Being arrested is nothing, and it was clearly neccessary in the circumstances. The subject was a nuisance, he was being insulting, he was grossly disrespecting authority, and he give no though to what the consequences of his actions may be.
He was effectively sending out the message that it is okay to hurl abuse at police officers (who have a damn hard job as it is), and act like a drunken idiot.

Taking him away from such an environment was a good move from the police.
Besides, arresting somebody is nothing, he probably slept for a couple of hours in the local police station, it's not as though he's been beaten to a pulp and chucked in with the lions.
Reply 41
I would say that any person that would call a horse "queer" should be arrested. This is an affront to all queer horses and cannot be tolerated.

Where is the "society for the protection of queer horses" when you need them??
that's the gayest thing i've ever read. what a bender...
Reply 43
LC01
http://www.cherwell.org/?id=3228
Its time to destroy PC in this country, its gone WAY to far. I want to take it back to the same level as the 1940s.

all that proves is that your a complete arse if you get drunk and try your hand at being a smart-arse joker to policemen, waiting outside a pub, they obviously didn't have much to do and thought, hey here's a ****ing comedian, sounds like a bit of a stuckup toff, let's see what we can do to give him a hard time... surprised?

Moral of the story, don't try and be clever with the police, they can arrest you...
Reply 44
Geordie_in_HK
that's the gayest thing i've ever read. what a bender...

lol.
jamlan
Not as long as it took for u to come up with that scathing comeback :rolleyes:

I'm just waiting for one of you to say: "yer mum!"
Reply 46
jamlan
Not as long as it took for u to come up with that scathing comeback :rolleyes:

An that was any better :rolleyes:
LC01, the BNP's policy of "vehemently anti-PC" yet "tough on crime" must surely come into conflict from time to time.

What if a group of young men were screaming "you f*cking gays" at people leaving a gay nightclub? Discipline them and you're being PC. Leave them to it and you're leaving abusive louts to roam the street. Which is it?
Moral of the story, don't try and be clever with the police, they can arrest you...

well put.
Reply 49
He wasn't arrested for being rude to the horse. He was arrested for repeatedly abusing the horse whilst the policeman is on it... thats a round-about insult; its like going into someones house and saying their furniture, chair etc. is utterly gay. Its deragotary to the policeman... tough on crime implies giving power to the policemen to arrest and stop such yobs from being such ****Heads, surely you should be pleased that he was arrested for being so derogatory and so anti-authority towards the police-man?
Reply 50
Tonight Matthew
LC01, the BNP's policy of "vehemently anti-PC" yet "tough on crime" must surely come into conflict from time to time.

What if a group of young men were screaming "you f*cking gays" at people leaving a gay nightclub? Discipline them and you're being PC. Leave them to it and you're leaving abusive louts to roam the street. Which is it?

It does not conflict. Someone shouting "you ****ing gays" would be anti-social due to loudness and the word ****ing. We want to destroy PC in the establishment, no more pro-ethnic ideas/laws that are anti-white. No more banning the union flag/english flag/st george cross(which happend in ethnic areas of bradford) No more fast tracking ethnics into the police force and having reserved seniour possitions. No more changing the name of christmas to winterfest(happend in stoke) I hate PC.
LC01
It does not conflict. Someone shouting "you ****ing gays" would be anti-social due to loudness and the word ****ing. We want to destroy PC in the establishment, no more pro-ethnic ideas/laws that are anti-white. No more banning the union flag/english flag/st george cross(which happend in ethnic areas of bradford) No more fast tracking ethnics into the police force and having reserved seniour possitions. No more changing the name of christmas to winterfest(happend in stoke) I hate PC.

So you do not think that the fact that someone was being abusive towards homosexuals would be anything bad, since shouting such things is clearly homophobic?

Tell me, what laws are anti-white?
LC01

LOL what's an "anti-white law"; what colour is it; does it have a distinctive smell or texture? Ethnic minorities aren't "fast tracked" into public services, anymore than people from state schools are "fast tracked" into university. They simply try to make the selection process broader. Besides, in a society which is sometimes reluctant to give the poor, the less posh, or the "non-white", the gay and the different a fair chance of succeeding, sometimes the law is needed to help them. I have nothing against basic fairness. Nobody is losing out so why are you so opposed to it?

PS: "reserved senior positions"?? What planet do you live on?
Reply 53
Chiron
LOL what's an "anti-white law"; what colour is it; does it have a distinctive smell or texture? Ethnic minorities aren't "fast tracked" into public services, anymore than people from state schools are "fast tracked" into university. They simply try to make the selection process broader. Besides, in a society which is sometimes reluctant to give the poor, the less posh, or the "non-white", the gay and the different a fair chance of succeeding, sometimes the law is needed to help them. I have nothing against basic fairness. Nobody is losing out so why are you so opposed to it?

PS: "reserved senior positions"?? What planet do you live on?

Do a google search for "positive action police" and im sure you will find some stories to prove my point. (positive action is a sugar-coat term for blatant racism against whites)
LC01
Do a google search for "positive action police" and im sure you will find some stories to prove my point. (positive action is a sugar-coat term for blatant racism against whites)

why not actually provide us with some evidence here instead of telling us to google it.
LC01

Please, quit the self-flaggelation. It isn't "racism", it is "affirmative action", a system I completely agree with in principle. Pro-giving-people-a-fair-chance, is NOT "anti-white". The problem is that you would rather the whole system were filled with whites.
The BNP love this 'PC' issue, in fact they love it too much, so much so that their ignorant reporters make up stories to show that the Labour 'regime' is too PC (and that Islam is 'taking over' Britain). As this hilariously pathetic quote from the BNP website shows...:

Yesterday we published a story which suggested that The Centre MK, the largest shopping mall in the new town had erected a giant replica mosque to act as a Santa's Grotto.
Following several calls and emails from irate and concerned BNP supporters it transpires that the Grotto is in fact a replica of Brighton Pavillion which features in "The Snowman" story which is the theme of this year's Christmas attraction.
Reply 57
Chiron
Please, quit the self-flaggelation. It isn't "racism", it is "affirmative action", a system I completely agree with in principle. Pro-giving-people-a-fair-chance, is NOT "anti-white". The problem is that you would rather the whole system were filled with whites.

It isn't "racism", it is "affirmative action"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I doubt you would be saying that if it was the other way around.
Reply 58
thebucketwoman
The BNP love this 'PC' issue, in fact they love it too much, so much so that their ignorant reporters make up stories to show that the Labour 'regime' is too PC (and that Islam is 'taking over' Britain). As this hilariously pathetic quote from the BNP website shows...:

Yesterday we published a story which suggested that The Centre MK, the largest shopping mall in the new town had erected a giant replica mosque to act as a Santa's Grotto.
Following several calls and emails from irate and concerned BNP supporters it transpires that the Grotto is in fact a replica of Brighton Pavillion which features in "The Snowman" story which is the theme of this year's Christmas attraction.

Yes we got that ONE wrong, and we said sorry. Have nu-labour said sorry for killing tens of thousends of people in a war which did not see a single WMD.
LC01
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I doubt you would be saying that if it was the other way around.

true, we wouldn't be saying that if we were depriving non-whites of jobs and oppertunities simply because of the colour of their skin, since that wouldn't be equality.

Latest

Trending

Trending