Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juueru_chou)
    true, we wouldn't be saying that if we were depriving non-whites of jobs and oppertunities simply because of the colour of their skin, since that wouldn't be equality.
    I meant the other way around as in what is currently happening to whites were happening to blacks instead. You would be shouting racist from the high hills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    http://www.cherwell.org/?id=3228
    Its time to destroy PC in this country, its gone WAY to far. I want to take it back to the same level as the 1940s.
    That's nothing to do with PC. I think it's really funny insulting a policemans horse. And even funnier when the police arrested him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    Yes we got that ONE wrong, and we said sorry. Have nu-labour said sorry for killing tens of thousends of people in a war which did not see a single WMD.
    There's a big difference between walking in to a shopping mall and saying "oh look, a perfect fictitious example that we can use to incite fear of Islam" and being presented with a dictator that has broken UN resolutions and is murdering 100,000s of his own people and Kurds, as well as evidence that he may have been planning to use WMDs on other countries.

Personally, I think that the war was probably the right thing to do, WMDs or not. Not for our own benefit, but to free the Iraqi people. This was also the official position of the Conservatives and Lib-Dems, the only differences were over the legality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    I meant the other way around as in what is currently happening to whites were happening to blacks instead. You would be shouting racist from the high hills.
    What precisely is it that you think is happening to whites then, give me some evidence of this rather cryptic accusation?

ReputationRep:
    The real thing that LC01 wants is PC abolished so that it's easier to be rascist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    There's a big difference between walking in to a shopping mall and saying "oh look, a perfect ficticious example that we can use to incite fear of Islam" and being presented with a dictator that has broken UN resolutions and is murdering 100,000s of his own people and Kurds, as well as evidence that he may have been planning to use WMDs on other countries.

Personally, I think that the war was probably the right thing to do, WMDs or not. Not for our own benefit, but to free the Iraqi people.
    Using your logic we should be at war with at least 30 countries right now. And we admited to being wrong about the shopping mall snowman thing and said SORRY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    Using your logic we should be at war with at least 30 countries right now.
    Thats a whole new topic, but I don't think regime change is necessarily wrong. For example WW2 should've been started long before Hitler invaded Poland, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    why not actually provide us with some evidence here instead of telling us to google it.
    it's a novel, but nice, idea that... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thats a whole new topic, but I don't think regime change is necessarily wrong. For example WW2 should've been started long before Hitler invaded Poland, in my opinion.
    What gives us the right to force our values/standards on other countries. Every country starts of as a dictatorship, democracy comes in time. It certainly should not come in the form of world police.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    What gives us the right to force our values/standards on other countries. Every country starts of as a dictatorship, democracy comes in time. It certainly should not come in the form of world police.
    There's a difference between forcing our values on other people, and preventing FURTHER genocide possible against people within their own country under a man whom has committed such acts in the past...

ReputationRep:
    If you want to discuss regime change, I've put a thread up for it in D and D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    Yes we got that ONE wrong, and we said sorry. Have nu-labour said sorry for killing tens of thousends of people in a war which did not see a single WMD.
    Why should a government apologise for a Foreign policy and Defense decisions? And it's a bit silly to use the whole "war on Iraq" as a red herring in this rdiscussion; the issues under discussion here have little to do with that. By the way, who ever told you they "did not see a single WMD"? WMDs :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chiron)
    Why should a government apologise for a Foreign policy and Defense decisions? And it's a bit silly to use the whole "war on Iraq" as a red herring in this rdiscussion; the issues under discussion here have little to do with that. By the way, who ever told you they "did not see a single WMD"? WMDs :confused:
    I think they dicovered a box of Persil under Saddam's kitchen sink. Or was it carpet stain remover?

The BNP love this 'PC' issue, in fact they love it too much, so much so that their ignorant reporters make up stories to show that the Labour 'regime' is too PC (and that Islam is 'taking over' Britain). As this hilariously pathetic quote from the BNP website shows...:

Yesterday we published a story which suggested that The Centre MK, the largest shopping mall in the new town had erected a giant replica mosque to act as a Santa's Grotto.
    Following several calls and emails from irate and concerned BNP supporters it transpires that the Grotto is in fact a replica of Brighton Pavillion which features in "The Snowman" story which is the theme of this year's Christmas attraction.
    hahah hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    Britain/France wanted to avoid a war on Hitler not start one...

ReputationRep:
    how did the horse reject the appology like did he say "nay"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichardAnderson)
    how did the horse reject the appology like did he say "nay"
    ~LC01 spits drink out~ haha

why not actually provide us with some evidence here instead of telling us to google it.
    Positive action at work
    http://www.cre.gov.uk/publs/connecti.../04wi_law.html

"Positive action" is an antonym for "equal opportunity"

ReputationRep:
    is this real there is no way in hell that someone should be arrested for calling a horse gay this is exactly what is going wrong with society today I mean wtf the horse cannot possibly be offended by this comment as it doesn’t speak English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sleep)
    Britain/France wanted to avoid a war on Hitler not start one...
    Would you rather they hadn't started a war??

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.