Political correct-a new level Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheVlad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by adame_666)
is this real there is no way in hell that someone should be arrested for calling a horse gay this is exactly what is going wrong with society today I mean wtf the horse cannot possibly be offended by this comment as it doesn’t speak English.
The guy was addressing the rider rather than the horse, so he was actually offending the policeman. True, he shouldn't have been charged under homophobia laws but in reality that was just a technicality - the policeman was pissed off with some drunk being a nuissance and wanted to charge him with the most serious offence he could.
milady
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What a prick! Asking for trouble, the insolent little bugger.

Police should have given him more than a fine.

They should have let that gay horse have its way with him.

The equine equipment is not to be trifled with - afterwards he'd be limping back to balliol, I'm sure.
veryjammy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
This has nothing to do with political correctness - whenever a new law is introduced or something happens that the right-wing don't agree with they scream

IT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD!!!!

This means the change is invariably a good thing for the sane thinking among us
:p:
milady
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TheVlad)
The guy was addressing the rider rather than the horse, so he was actually offending the policeman. True, he shouldn't have been charged under homophobia laws but in reality that was just a technicality - the policeman was pissed off with some drunk being a nuissance and wanted to charge him with the most serious offence he could.
Yes; exactly. They just wanted to punish him for giving them trouble (and he deserved it).

What i can't understand, is whether the person who started this thread (can't remember who) meant the policemen's charge is an example of political correctness run wild, or whether the pc was the boy's attempts to state that he was not being offensive to the horse in any way (of course not! just like going up to a dog and screaming 'heterosexual' is perfectly normal.)

So I don't think this case is a very good example of taking political correctness to insane lengths.
RichardAnderson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
as far as we know the horse could very well be a raving homosexual and not be offened by the word gay
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 13 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/4077388.stm
-something that is overly PC (actually not PC so much as plain daft beurocracy)
silence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
being ridden by a bloke in uniform.. the horse was asking for it
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think the police need to take things like this with a bit more humour. Charging people for just being a bit of an idiot, or pissed, is only going to breed contempt.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (34)
28.33%
No (86)
71.67%

Watched Threads