The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
laid back.... The only people you would attract to your town would be depressed, suicical maniacs

And, i think the people of this town would take offense if you were to tell them their town was a 'place where pidgeons go to die'

And the headteacher of the school would probally not like being referred to as 'smells of dried in cats urine'

no actually its using ssarcasm to back up my point, and im sure the people in my CITY wouoldnt mind. and top of all that i couldnt give a toss what the headteaher thinks, as hes a complete arsehole anyway
Reply 21
thinktank
wow. scary work urine, its just a waste product. whats the big deal? i think you have to be pretty narrow minded to take that as something which is really bad.

These are examiners. There not human. They personified marking schemes. Obviously.
thinktank
no actually its using ssarcasm to back up my point, and im sure the people in my CITY wouoldnt mind. and top of all that i couldnt give a toss what the headteaher thinks, as hes a complete arsehole anyway

ok then, Good luck! :p:
Reply 23
Im not suprised.

*applogizes to hanzing*

ha ha, now thats a funny

Good luck with your examiner

O great now lets all pick up on the fact how ive failed.....please be male..please lord JeBus.

EDIT- I also put something like
"the car comes complete with state a of the art alarm system, giving u piece of mind from theifs (esecially if uve ever been to London!)
Reply 24
You might be ok if it is in the right context. I would be more worried about your spelling and grammar if I were you.

edit: or should that be: 'I would be more worried about my spelling and grammar if I were you'? Good job I haven't got an English exam coming up. :smile:
These are funny jokes to you and me, but unfortunately, when encouraging people to visit your village you say the headteacher smells of piss, isnt the funniest joke in your real English GCSE exam.

What was funny was in my mock it said, "write about a personal experience to you bad or good, how did it feel", i wrote 'Once my mum and dad had a row, i felt sad.' And that was it. for an hour. Oh how my english teacher did not laugh!
Reply 26
if you made it very very obvious that it was a joke then you might get away with. But i hope you spelt pigeons correctly as a bad joke and bad spelling double whammy would not please an examiner.
Reply 27
good point, but whats the point in writing dry, writing by numberrs C grade ****. I hate English tachers who try and make you do that
Reply 28
i spelt it pidgeons
Reply 29
GiBB*
*applogizes to hanzing*

Well thank you kind sir :smile:
thinktank
i spelt it pidgeons

:congrats:
Reply 31
thinktank
i spelt it pidgeons

and there's a double whammy :rolleyes:
Reply 32
u mite not be entirley screwed check out some answers that past students actually wrote :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
www.tech-sol.net/humor/true21.htm
Reply 33
thinktank
In my English exman today i did question 5 where you had to write a guide, for people who have just moves to your area. I think I may have made a mistake becasue I put in some pretty crappy jokes that may not go down well. They were:

1) The place where i live is so good that even the pidgeons come here to die.

2) Dont be put off by the fact that the headteacher of the local secondary school smells of dried in cats urine (only joking).

Do you think that I will be severely affected by this? I mean do you tihnk I will get less marks or a lower grade?

Undoubtedly...Yes. Unless the examiner is as much an idiot as you are :rolleyes: No offense...
GiBB*
u mite not be entirley screwed check out some answers that past students actually wrote :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:

Ain't edjekashun grate?
Reply 35
Undoubtedly...Yes. Unless the examiner is as much an idiot as you are No offense...

oh of course not. yes i think i ****ed up, but im no idiot
Reply 36
GiBB*

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:
have some rep (not sure whether i can give any proper rep though)
Undry1
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:
have some rep (not sure whether i can give any proper rep though)

:hmmmm: should i also pos rep him..... or should i neg rep Thinktank......

*ponders for a while*
Reply 38
Bah you Gibb.. Im still after you.. ya stealer! Hehe :smile:
Reply 39
lol..you've screwed up big time

Latest

Trending

Trending