Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Men With Ponytails, The Ultimate Faux Pas?

ReputationRep:
    I don't really see guys with ponytails that often anymore, usually the ones I do are either goths or foreign people.

Are they the ultimate male fashion faux pas?

It must get annoying keeping it clean.

Don't have anything against them but I think behind every ponytail there's an *********.

Discuss?

ReputationRep:
    I wanted a ponytail when I had a really warped view on how people would see what I wore etc. They CAN look good on certain people, though.

ReputationRep:
    As long as it's looked after and you've got the face for it, I think they can be quite attractive... but I grew up watching medieval/fantasy films with my Dad, so I have a curious fixation with long-haired guys. :p:

ReputationRep:
    yeah a guy would have to be really facially good looking to put one off..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *TheSweetestDrug*)
    yeah a guy would have to be really facially good looking to put one off..
    even then i still wouldn't like it though!......

ReputationRep:
    some guys suit pony-tails

i personally would never grow my hair long

but you are right, most are goths or foreigners

ReputationRep:
    Erm, no lol

I have long hair. When it's down it's around the small of my back, sometimes tying it up just makes life easier.

What the hell are you basing this "ponytail/********" thing on?

It's like saying all guys with shaved heads are thugs =/

And it's not hard to keep it clean. I wash my body I wash my hair. Simple as

ReputationRep:
    yes! it is. i've seen guys with clear potential. but the fact they had longer hair tan i did, was a right turn off. it kinda shows laziness to me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roxy ag)
    yes! it is. i've seen guys with clear potential. but the fact they had longer hair tan i did, was a right turn off. it kinda shows laziness to me...

How is having long hair lazy?

You wouldn't call a girl lazy because she has long hair

ReputationRep:
    I associate ponytails with 80's yuppies on the American stock exchange.

ReputationRep:
    I have long enough hair for a ponytail, but i would never wear one in public. I wouldn't say it's the ultimate faux pas though, when compared against mullets or drawn-on felt-tip pen moustaches

ReputationRep:
    I hate it. I don't see them that often though.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know why it's called a pony tail on blokes? Because if you lift it up you'll see an ******** underneath!

ReputationRep:
    male ponytails are hot !! but on some people not so much

ReputationRep:
    You don't see it that often these days. It suits a few people, but the majority just look ridiculous. Especially when they reach a certain age and the hair line begins to recede.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trouser Snake)
    I don't really see guys with ponytails that often anymore, usually the ones I do are either goths or foreign people.

Are they the ultimate male fashion faux pas?

It must get annoying keeping it clean.

Don't have anything against them but I think behind every ponytail there's an *********.

Discuss?
    wow, you've made like 7 threads in the last 2 hours, all on pretty similar subject matters :eek:

ReputationRep:

Just say no. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I would never date a guy with a ponytail because personally he would be way too vain for my liking, i mean why else would he have a ponytail?

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind them, they look good on some guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Long Haired Teen)
    How is having long hair lazy?

You wouldn't call a girl lazy because she has long hair
    but how often do see a guy with a ponytail in comparison to shorter hair?

also, its just because guys i knew who went through their grunge phase, just said 'they couldn't be bothered to cut it'... 3 of them soon conformed, cut it off, and their faces look SO much better.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 8, 2013
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.