Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Men With Ponytails, The Ultimate Faux Pas? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't really see guys with ponytails that often anymore, usually the ones I do are either goths or foreign people.

Are they the ultimate male fashion faux pas?

It must get annoying keeping it clean.

Don't have anything against them but I think behind every ponytail there's an *********.

Discuss?

ReputationRep:
    I wanted a ponytail when I had a really warped view on how people would see what I wore etc. They CAN look good on certain people, though.

ReputationRep:
    As long as it's looked after and you've got the face for it, I think they can be quite attractive... but I grew up watching medieval/fantasy films with my Dad, so I have a curious fixation with long-haired guys. :p:

ReputationRep:
    yeah a guy would have to be really facially good looking to put one off..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *TheSweetestDrug*)
    yeah a guy would have to be really facially good looking to put one off..
    even then i still wouldn't like it though!......

ReputationRep:
    some guys suit pony-tails

i personally would never grow my hair long

but you are right, most are goths or foreigners

ReputationRep:
    Erm, no lol

I have long hair. When it's down it's around the small of my back, sometimes tying it up just makes life easier.

What the hell are you basing this "ponytail/********" thing on?

It's like saying all guys with shaved heads are thugs =/

And it's not hard to keep it clean. I wash my body I wash my hair. Simple as

ReputationRep:
    yes! it is. i've seen guys with clear potential. but the fact they had longer hair tan i did, was a right turn off. it kinda shows laziness to me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roxy ag)
    yes! it is. i've seen guys with clear potential. but the fact they had longer hair tan i did, was a right turn off. it kinda shows laziness to me...

How is having long hair lazy?

You wouldn't call a girl lazy because she has long hair

ReputationRep:
    I associate ponytails with 80's yuppies on the American stock exchange.

ReputationRep:
    I have long enough hair for a ponytail, but i would never wear one in public. I wouldn't say it's the ultimate faux pas though, when compared against mullets or drawn-on felt-tip pen moustaches

ReputationRep:
    I hate it. I don't see them that often though.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know why it's called a pony tail on blokes? Because if you lift it up you'll see an ******** underneath!

ReputationRep:
    male ponytails are hot !! but on some people not so much

ReputationRep:
    You don't see it that often these days. It suits a few people, but the majority just look ridiculous. Especially when they reach a certain age and the hair line begins to recede.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trouser Snake)
    I don't really see guys with ponytails that often anymore, usually the ones I do are either goths or foreign people.

Are they the ultimate male fashion faux pas?

It must get annoying keeping it clean.

Don't have anything against them but I think behind every ponytail there's an *********.

Discuss?
    wow, you've made like 7 threads in the last 2 hours, all on pretty similar subject matters :eek:

ReputationRep:

Just say no. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I would never date a guy with a ponytail because personally he would be way too vain for my liking, i mean why else would he have a ponytail?

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind them, they look good on some guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Long Haired Teen)
    How is having long hair lazy?

You wouldn't call a girl lazy because she has long hair
    but how often do see a guy with a ponytail in comparison to shorter hair?

also, its just because guys i knew who went through their grunge phase, just said 'they couldn't be bothered to cut it'... 3 of them soon conformed, cut it off, and their faces look SO much better.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.