Official TSR INSOMNIACS Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Cyril Sneer's Nose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I know this will seem random but I am mainly replying to the thread title. Why dont you try a bit of MJ? Knocks me out like a light.

If not, you could try some sleeping tablets (if you're over 21) Weird but effective. Ive tried them. I normally get by on about 4 hours a night but if Im lucky & Im fine.

They are a bit trippy. When I took them it felt like the bed was rocking underneath me. And random hallucinationst too. Numbers & letters just flying past my eyes :eek:
Forgotmytea
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Demon_AS)
:rofl: I love that picture! Nice one mate :top: Three days? That's dedication for you Nice.
Got any plans this weekend?
Nah, I'm probably going to be sad and just work on this creative writing :p: Got it all planned out in my head, so it'll be best to get on with it while it's all still fresh Plus, I still have to do a critical commentary, and bilbliography...

I hate bibliographies. I never know what to put in them, since much of my inspiraton comes from my screwed-up mind :p:. Ah well, at least this time I can include pretty much all of my sci-fi and fantasy collection; Brave New World, Witch Hunter, stuff like the Malleus Maleficarum, etc.

-Ben
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:eek3: From Saruman to... what?
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Craghyrax)
Bad boy! Not again...*shakes head*

Hmm... good turnout tonight All the regulars!
AM I a regular now? Oh dear. That can only be a bad sign :p:

I had an egg mayonaise and tomato sandwich, quickly followed by a chicken and tomato sandwich I have to use everything up within three days so will be pretty much be eating bread, chicken, tomato and egg mayonaise for the weekend!

My bed is looking quite comfortable...
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Saruman)
Nah, I'm probably going to be sad and just work on this creative writing :p: Got it all planned out in my head, so it'll be best to get on with it while it's all still fresh Plus, I still have to do a critical commentary, and bilbliography...

I hate bibliographies. I never know what to put in them, since much of my inspiraton comes from my screwed-up mind :p:. Ah well, at least this time I can include pretty much all of my sci-fi and fantasy collection; Brave New World, Witch Hunter, stuff like the Malleus Maleficarum, etc.

-Ben
Haha, I know how you feel about bibliographies. Just put in whatever you've read in conjunction to the piece you're writing... and if you can't think of anything, put down something that would've been relevant even if you read it for pleasure only...

I did that
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by King Of Leon)

I had an egg mayonaise and tomato sandwich, quickly followed by a chicken and tomato sandwich I have to use everything up within three days so will be pretty much be eating bread, chicken, tomato and egg mayonaise for the weekend!

You have to resist the temptation of the Light Side, my son... for otherwise you won't be an Insomniac. We all avoid our beds like the plague...

We're all sith lords in here :p:
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by King Of Leon)

You're sounding much healthier..lol.
Congratulations on your newly acquired status!
Elements
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Yeah Do you think it's too cheesy? I'm trying to acheive a balance between sci-fi/fantasy/16th-century witch hunts...

:p: That would be good though we get penalised if we go over the limit too much

Preferrebly go into the media, or be an author The second one's prefferable, though the first is probably easier to acheive :p:

:p: Hey, it's been toned down as well - it's all nice and cartoony now :p:

Thanks. I might upload it on my DeviantART account when it's finished, though that won't be until next year, seeing as I don't think we're allowed help, and any comments on DeviantART would be tantamount to "help".

A novel? Hopefully I'll get a chance to do that someday....

I'm thinking of changing my username, too...

Just thought I'd throw that in.... :ninja:

-Ben
No, I don't think it's cheesy- the balance is good andevident. What's the Inquisition about though?:ninja: That isn't politics is it?:ninja: *Rant, rant*.:mad: I've been penalised for going over the limit before! They really are quite mean in how many marks they deduct for going over the limit:huff:- why do ppl feel that going over the limit has to be such a bad thing?:p: It takes longer writing and checing it, than reading and marking it after all! Yes, I want to be an author too. Thankfully you probably wont be a twisted -ve media person.
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You have to resist the temptation of the Light Side, my son... for otherwise you won't be an Insomniac. We all avoid our beds like the plague...

Too right. In fact, I don't have a bed.. I call it my desk!
Forgotmytea
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:eek3: From Saruman to... what?
My usual internet pseudonym, the same as my MSN name. After finding that someone's registered on an internet dating site with that name :eek: (I still mean to contact them and ask them to change it.... :mad: ), I may well grab my name now before anyone else does :p:

-Ben
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Elements)
What's the Inquisition about though?:ninja:
Seeing as he also mentioned witchunting, he's referring to the Spanish Inquisition... by the Catholic church in medieval history where they went beserk about anything that looked vaguely spiritual in a non christian way, and burned/tortured millions.
Forgotmytea
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No, I don't think it's cheesy- the balance is good andevident. What's the Inquisition about though?:ninja: That isn't politics is it?:ninja: *Rant, rant*.:mad: I've been penalised for going over the limit before! They really are quite mean in how many marks they deduct for going over the limit:huff:- why do ppl feel that going over the limit has to be such a bad thing?:p: It takes longer writing and checing it, than reading and marking it after all! Yes, I want to be an author too. Thankfully you probably wont be a twisted -ve media person.
The Inquisition was a group of men who basically went around capturing, torturing and killing witches. More info here

I'm probably too interested in the witch hunters and the Inquisition.... :p:

-Ben

*EDIT* Beat to it by Craghyrax :p:

:hugs:
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My usual internet pseudonym, the same as my MSN name. After finding that someone's registered on an internet dating site with that name :eek: (I still mean to contact them and ask them to change it.... :mad: ), I may well grab my name now before anyone else does :p:

-Ben
Internet dating site, lol.:rofl:
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Really? You never mentioned it beofre...:p:
I've not discussed creative writing with anyone other than Saruman on TSR, so it wouldn't have come up...
Oh.. except with Sir Esh.. but even then..it didn't.
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Seeing as he also mentioned witchunting, he's referring to the Spanish Inquisition... by the Catholic church in medieval history where they went beserk about anything that looked vaguely spiritual in a non christian way, and burned/tortured millions.
Oh yes, of course! Silly Elements!
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
*EDIT* Beat to it by Craghyrax :p:

Eat my dust...:p: :king1:
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

I have clean sheets though! Clean sheets make my bed 100 times better than at other times.

I think I'll illegally watch a random american drama and see how I feel then
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Too right. In fact, I don't have a bed.. I call it my desk!
You don't have a bed?! That's bad news :p:

A true insomniac, ladies and gentleman! She doesn't sleep because she can't! :p:
Forgotmytea
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Internet dating site, lol.:rofl:
Yeah. It could be worse..... but not much :mad:

-Ben
Elements
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've not discussed creative writing with anyone other than Saruman on TSR, so it wouldn't have come up...
Oh.. except with Sir Esh.. but even then..it didn't.
It was the Writing Society that I was thinking about, yes. OK. Sorry. Just sounded intriguing/interesting, that's all.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (53)
98.15%
No (1)
1.85%

Watched Threads