Official TSR INSOMNIACS Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
wackysparkle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ugh - i really reallly don't like mustard!---- but you're nice mustard-man!
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
grrr... my dad just went to the toilet, always moans about me staying up late :rolleyes:
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wackysparkle)
ugh - i really reallly don't like mustard!---- but you're nice mustard-man!
thanks
wackysparkle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well - havent met you before mustard-man

hello! i am wackysparkle!!
how you doing on this early night *for insomniacs* ?
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hello, I'm mus... :yawn:

Bedtime for me now, night you two! :ciao:
wackysparkle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol - nitie nite mustard man!
Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Catch you later, Jason Night dude.
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Morning all :cool: How are my favourite people?

I've been doing a piece of work and listening to the cricket. Almost finished the work and we aren't doing as bad in the cricket as we have been doing (still getting hammered though)
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey KoL... what's our score?
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Australia 602-9 dec & 202-1 dec v England 157 & 123-3

We are only 525 runs from victory We don't have a chance but at least we are showing some fight this time around! If we can get a decent second innings total then it will be a confidence booster if nothing else.
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lol... this is a far cry from our last Ashes...

Reckon we can win it again? Doesn't look likely, but I can hope
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, we can only get better! I don't think we are in as much trouble as people are making out though, once we lose the toss, it was always inevitable that Australia would make a big total. We capitulated in our first innings but we are showing some encouraging signs now.

The two areas I think are musts in terms of improval are:
1. Opening batsmen. We've done so well in recent years because Trescothick and Strauss have got us off to fliers and played out the new ball. We need Cook and Strauss to do that again and then we'll get competitive totals.

2. Harmison really needs to perform. I don't think the other bowlers are bowling that badly but once your main strike bowler is out of form and leaking so many runs, its hard for the others to exert pressure. Harmison is also our most likely bowler to take wickets as the australian pitches suit him the most.

Aside from that I don't think theres a great deal we can do. I don't think any team selections will make a big difference. A lot of people will say Giles for Panesar and Jones for Read, but they're not really match winners, we aren't going to win the ashes because of a finger spinner or a keeper.

Sorry for a boring post :p:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I agree with a lot of what you say

I think Simon Jones should be allowed to play a bigger role... shame he always gets injured, though! He was instrumental in that first test in '05
sweetnfresh2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:itsme: :wavey:

:musicus:

:eating: :pepsi:

:goodnight
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey SNF

How are you feeling?
sweetnfresh2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by King Of Leon)
Well, we can only get better! I don't think we are in as much trouble as people are making out though, once we lose the toss, it was always inevitable that Australia would make a big total. We capitulated in our first innings but we are showing some encouraging signs now.

The two areas I think are musts in terms of improval are:
1. Opening batsmen. We've done so well in recent years because Trescothick and Strauss have got us off to fliers and played out the new ball. We need Cook and Strauss to do that again and then we'll get competitive totals.

2. Harmison really needs to perform. I don't think the other bowlers are bowling that badly but once your main strike bowler is out of form and leaking so many runs, its hard for the others to exert pressure. Harmison is also our most likely bowler to take wickets as the australian pitches suit him the most.

Aside from that I don't think theres a great deal we can do. I don't think any team selections will make a big difference. A lot of people will say Giles for Panesar and Jones for Read, but they're not really match winners, we aren't going to win the ashes because of a finger spinner or a keeper.

Sorry for a boring post :p:

:hmmmm2:
:bandit:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Heh, it's cricket talk... Americans won't get it. Just like I'd have no clue about Baseball
sweetnfresh2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Demon_AS)
Hey SNF

How are you feeling?

I feel a lot better! What's up, DAS?
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not much Just about to pack it all in and head to bed actually

How about you?
sweetnfresh2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Did you already get up or you didn't go to bed yet?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (49)
29.34%
No - I got the required grades (97)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (21)
12.57%

Watched Threads