Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I slept around forty five mins after you... and got up at 4:45... I'm only slightly better off than you lol.

Can't believe you people haven't slepty yet! Although, mind you, a couple of months ago I was in exactly the same position.

ReputationRep:
    I work a thursday nightshift always and i start uni at 9am on a thu so i do a 24 hour day if not more, im always glad to see my bed on a friday morning

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I just read through the recent pages of the soc (I am that bored) and I realised something: Horlicks seems to have pervaded this place! Almost everyone's using it as a means to get to sleep

High five, Craghyrax! :five: Job well done :p:

I have to say, though... it IS a very good way of relaxing yourself before you sleep... I personally think it's the lack of E numbers and the mild, not-too-sweet taste of it that helps...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_Rose)
    I work a thursday nightshift always and i start uni at 9am on a thu so i do a 24 hour day if not more, im always glad to see my bed on a friday morning
    Hah, woah... doesn't that take a massive toll on you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Hah, woah... doesn't that take a massive toll on you?
    A little bit but i get used to it and sometimes on a friday morning me and my mates from work even go out for breakfast making it more like a 30 hour day.

ReputationRep:
    Hah, I guess you must catch up on sleep on the weekend?

ReputationRep:
    Hah, I guess you must catch up on sleep on the weekend?
    I normally work a friday night finishing at 7am on saturday and i start work again at 4pm, normally working all day sunday too. I dont think i do really catch up on the sleep my body just copes.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... be careful, my friend. Don't take chances you don't have to. Try and catch up on sleep wherever possible, because I know for a fact that if you don't sleep enough for your body to recover, there's increased risks of you getting something you really don't want to - heart diseases, brain dysfunctions, etc.

Rest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Of Leon)
    Cheers wackysparkle and starchild

It was quite an uneventful day with work and sleep but my friends made it worth while, they're great

Anyone up? I'm essaying. Still.

I've done some minimal revision so am not fearing the worst in that module anymore, perhaps I should be though :eek:

I was up...couldnt get on the net though. I was essay-ing too. I was doing Vietnam for history. Around the 6th essay I've done of that in a week...

ah just had a nap earlier. for 20 minutes. feeling great. now back to work...

toodle pip

sitara

ReputationRep:
    Hey Sitara! How are you feeling today? Did you talk to your parents?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am not bad thank you. just going to a revision session in a minute or 2.

feeling a bit depressed because exams start tomorrow....time to cram the revision.

did talk to my parents after all. they are letting me see a counsellor because I said that I wouldnt be able to cope emotionally and it is key to making me feel a lot better. They admitted that they were wrong to say that, they just wanted me to focus on my education. I guess you were right, they were looking out for me.

How are you today?

sitaraxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starchild)
    Hello,

feeling a bit depressed because exams start tomorrow....time to cram the revision.
    Good luck with that I'm sure you'll be fine :hugs:

did talk to my parents after all. they are letting me see a counsellor because I said that I wouldnt be able to cope emotionally and it is key to making me feel a lot better. They admitted that they were wrong to say that, they just wanted me to focus on my education. I guess you were right, they were looking out for me.

How are you today?

sitaraxx
    That's good to hear :hugs:

I should be working, but the sky outside my window seems to be changing spectacularly, and is just asking for me to sit here with my camera....

-Ben

ReputationRep:

sitaraxx

That's so good to hear
    (you see parents are human too! STOP THE PRESSES!!!!)
    Good luck with your exams.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

How are you today?

sitaraxx
    Hey I'm ok thanks, slowly recovering from illness.

Hmmm... you sound like you're working very hard indeed! Almost too hard Don't forget it's important to take some time off revision, so you let it all connect up in your brain while you're doing something else It also keeps you from getting tense and anxious about stuff... but hey, I'm sure you know all that already.

Good luck with the exams tomorrow!

I'm very glad to hear that your parents said that I'm sure it's relieved some worry off your mind, too I'm just glad that I could help.

ReputationRep:
    High five, Craghyrax! :five: Job well done :p:
    Mwahahaha! *Soc corrupted* :ninja:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Goes off to make horlicks :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Lol! I've just seen the little red bit on the end of your signature :rofl: Funniest thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    hello...how is everything this fine blustery morning?

xx

i feel today is the day to be wearing blue, for some strange reason, so wearing blue.

ReputationRep:
    Hah, blue, eh? Well, maybe you can redefine "feeling blue"

I'm good, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    :afraid: I think someone laced my horlicks with coffee last night - I kept drinking them, but all they did was wake me up :p:

-Ben

ReputationRep:
    oh dear ben that isnt good :hugs: i hope you feel ok today.

i dont know why i feel blue...i just had an urge to wear it lol haha. thats never happened before, usually i just go for something random. oh dear. i think i blame the weather because its wet, and rain is blue or is meant to be...or something of that nature.

i didnt sleep well because i had 3 essays due in with the revision. will have an earlier night tonight because i am babysitting, and i am usually dead tired by the end of it fingers crossed

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.