Turn on thread page Beta

Official TSR INSOMNIACS Society watch

Announcements
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    hmm -- what is it with the insomiacz and horlicks?? :confused:

its either tea or coffee for me

hallo stranded! and everyone else i didn't say hi to!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stranded)
    Elements!! I haven't seen you in ages!! Remember me? Googly? Neo? Hira? *hopes!!* ;grin;
    Of course I remember you! Despite you having more name changes than me!:p: I could never forget you!:hugs: I've missed how we used to talk about interests etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wackysparkle)
    hmm -- what is it with the insomiacz and horlicks?? :confused:

its either tea or coffee for me

hallo stranded! and everyone else i didn't say hi to!!!
    Ahem!:itsme:

ReputationRep:
    Apart from it being a drink, what is Horlicks btw?:ninja:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    whoops! my mistake

hheeelloooo cosmosphia!!!! ---- dunno really whether you remember me -- was a major newbie when i met you --

yeah what is horlix?? = all i knw is that its a pathetic replacement for the sheer addictiveness and high that you get from coffee

whoops! my mistake

hheeelloooo cosmosphia!!!! ---- dunno really whether you remember me -- was a major newbie when i met you --

yeah what is horlix?? = all i knw is that its a pathetic replacement for the sheer addictiveness and high that you get from coffee
    Horlicks is a malt drink...its nice before bed

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I'm another insomniac to add to the society I've had insomnia since I started uni back in September. I didn't get any kip so I slept in the afternoon so I couldn't sleep at night, and round and round it went! Luckily I sleep at night now, except I still can't get off till about 3am. I've been taking Nytol but the side affects aren't really worth it.
    I thought I was getting into a regular routine of proper sleep but I've been experiencing paralysis and scary voices/sounds in my mind just as I'm about to fall asleep. It's frightening sometimes, and twice now I've had this feeling that someone is in my bed hugging me tight, and I can hear them snoring. My mum has been telling me I must go to a doctor and get help, but I don't know what to expect from them. Would I get sleeping tablets?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ahh i see - hmmm---- is it like starbux frappuccino minus the coffee + cream?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    lepinkpanther: welcome --- hehehhehe yes i am truly an insomniac -- you sound like me! -- 3 AM always - then up at about 8! hehehehhe === but i am wide awake for the whle day! lololol

so howz you doing then?

ahh i see - hmmm---- is it like starbux frappuccino minus the coffee + cream?
    Its nothing like the Starbucks Frappuccino, god i love those Starbucks Frappuccinos...Caramel Crème please
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i know!! i luvvv them soo much! ahem was an addict at one point -- then released myself -- with much difficulty!
    but get this--- theres a starbux in front of my halls! its taunting my mercilessly!!!!!

(Original post by LePinkPanther)
    Hi there, I'm another insomniac to add to the society I've had insomnia since I started uni back in September. I didn't get any kip so I slept in the afternoon so I couldn't sleep at night, and round and round it went! Luckily I sleep at night now, except I still can't get off till about 3am. I've been taking Nytol but the side affects aren't really worth it.
    I thought I was getting into a regular routine of proper sleep but I've been experiencing paralysis and scary voices/sounds in my mind just as I'm about to fall asleep. It's frightening sometimes, and twice now I've had this feeling that someone is in my bed hugging me tight, and I can hear them snoring. My mum has been telling me I must go to a doctor and get help, but I don't know what to expect from them. Would I get sleeping tablets?
    Only thing that doctors would do is give you sleeping pills, they're useless, sleeping pills just arent worth it...stick with us...you'll be fine :hugs:

i know!! i luvvv them soo much! ahem was an addict at one point -- then released myself -- with much difficulty!
    but get this--- theres a starbux in front of my halls! its taunting my mercilessly!!!!!
    Lucky you, my nearest Starbucks is a bloody train away...i always make sure to pick up a Starbucks on my home from uni so its all good
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    lucky me?? its not easy on the wallet thank you very much! hehhe

thats nice -- a treat on your way back!

but the stupid thing is that it closes at 6 ?? who the hell closes a starbux at 6??????? people i tell ya :rolleyes: they just don't understand that the addicts need their frappucinno then and there - before you know it there will be dealers on curbs :p:

lucky me?? its not easy on the wallet thank you very much! hehhe

thats nice -- a treat on your way back!

but the stupid thing is that it closes at 6 ?? who the hell closes a starbux at 6??????? people i tell ya :rolleyes: they just don't understand that the addicts need their frappucinno then and there - before you know it there will be dealers on curbs :p:
    At 6 :confused:, my god...thats really early...you need to come down City (London)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i know! stupid it is!!!

hehe - yes i am totally disconnected from civilisation aren't i? lol

london all the way! -- all shops over here close at 5! :ekk: - and i finish studio work and all by that time - so i can't do anything!! stupid sheffield !aaarrghhhhhhhhhhh :mad:

i know! stupid it is!!!

hehe - yes i am totally disconnected from civilisation aren't i? lol

london all the way! -- all shops over here close at 5! :ekk: - and i finish studio work and all by that time - so i can't do anything!! stupid sheffield !aaarrghhhhhhhhhhh :mad:
    Awww poor you :hugs:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    argh! -- but i luv the university! :confused: -- i guess that outweighs it -- but the starbux is still my one and only luv! heheh

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever had one Starbucks, that was at a service station in Preston on the way to London on the Megabus!

Starbucks rocks!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.