Official TSR INSOMNIACS Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
wackysparkle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
heeyy - welll actually - you guys aren't the first ones to think that i was from america! :rolleyes:
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Demon_AS)
Yeah! Or, the classic - "Did you live in a mud hut? :eek: Cool!" :rolleyes:
:laugh:I did get asked about grass skirts :mad:
Ethereal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
York is still England, you know :p:. You're the one for technicalities, right?
Well, technically York isn't. There are a number of reasons why yorkshire is semi-seperate and English law doesn't fully apply here :p:
ro-ro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I knew someone who had Made in Hull tattooed on the back of his head. And he was in Navy. Need I say more about Hull?

Whenever I say I live in Cornwall people always go so are you like proper cornish with pasties and loads of cousins? Then I explain I'm originally from lewisham and they ask if I'm part of a gang? I'm not sure which is worse.
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by wackysparkle)
heeyy - welll actually - you guys aren't the first ones to think that i was from america! :rolleyes:
NO! ... :p:
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ro-ro)
I knew someone who had Made in Hull tattooed on the back of his head. And he was in Navy. Need I say more about Hull?

Whenever I say I live in Cornwall people always go so are you like proper cornish with pasties and loads of cousins? Then I explain I'm originally from lewisham and they ask if I'm part of a gang? I'm not sure which is worse.
Aww!
Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ethereal)
Well, technically York isn't. There are a number of reasons why yorkshire is semi-seperate and English law doesn't fully apply here :p:
I'm pretty sure, last time I checked, Yorkshire/York/whatever was firmly south of Scotland, making it part of England in the sense that I intended it...
Ethereal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
that was a random question!

well all i can speak for is the arts tower -- anndd --- ugh -- it has something bout it buttt -- no -- has to be renovated -- pretty silly realy - they are attempting to do it -but then they do it to the bathrooms only and then people are rushing from floor to floor looking for one! :rolleyes:
The Arts Tower should be knocked down. It's an eye sore. So is the library
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Am I the only one who drinks on this thread? :p:

I've took it quite easy recently but at times last year I was drinking 50 pints a week plus :eek:

I am going to get so hammered tomorrow, probably on Monday and Tuesday too. My friend is leaving on Wednesday so we need to give her a good send off.
wackysparkle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
be as sarcastic as you want Craggy! heheh -- there are about 3 other countries people thought i was from --- and they were all across the globe! :rolleyes:
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Craghyrax)
:laugh:I did get asked about grass skirts :mad:
Me too. To which I promptly replied: "Yeah, it was acceptable out-door clothing, except during the winter months when it snowed and was hence impractical" :p:
Ethereal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm pretty sure, last time I checked, Yorkshire/York/whatever was firmly south of Scotland, making it part of England in the sense that I intended it...
So there are but 2 countries in the world? Scotland and England. The dividing line being above Carlisle? :p:
wackysparkle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i agree ethereal it is! unfortunately the sheffield people have decided that is a landmark and gives the university its name - but ah well --- my friends think that it looks nice -- i actually don't looks too cold
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So there are but 2 countries in the world? Scotland and England. The dividing line being above Carlisle? :p:
I have no idea what you're talking about. In my mind you have - in the UK - England in the south, Scotland to the north, Wales to the west and Northern Ireland as a seperate entity entirely. On that basis, York is rather firmly in England...
Ethereal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i agree ethereal it is! unfortunately the sheffield people have decided that is a landmark and gives the university its name - but ah well --- my friends think that it looks nice -- i actually don't looks too cold
How does it give the uni it's name? Surely Firth Court (as one of the original buildings) would?
Ethereal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have no idea what you're talking about. In my mind you have - in the UK - England in the south, Scotland to the north, Wales to the west and Northern Ireland as a seperate entity entirely. On that basis, York is rather firmly in England...
Your Kentish opinion means nothing in yorkshire :p:
wackysparkle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well not really -- lecturers as well as tutors have told us that sheffield basically love their building for a number of reasons - not only the fact that its the tallest building here - but also the fact that the architect is famous and the fact that it resembles a pretty famous building in the US [which i fail to remeber right now]
Demon_AS
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Your Kentish opinion means nothing in yorkshire :p:
Your generally Northern opinion means nothing in Kent
Craghyrax
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
be as sarcastic as you want Craggy! heheh -- there are about 3 other countries people thought i was from --- and they were all across the globe! :rolleyes:
Well Demon and I have already nominated the Phillipines and Norway
Ethereal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well not really -- lecturers as well as tutors have told us that sheffield basically love their building for a number of reasons - not only the fact that its the tallest building here - but also the fact that the architect is famous and the fact that it resembles a pretty famous building in the US [which i fail to remeber right now]
A fact which, being American, you are best placed to comment on
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (74)
27.61%
No (194)
72.39%

Watched Threads