Turn on thread page Beta

Official TSR INSOMNIACS Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey me join. me no sleep - check time me post this I mean it's real early and I been up all night...

And ya know I cool saba too... :hugs:

liking you psychology whizziness too
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Pah, call yourselves insomniacs - where are you all now? Eh? :p:

ReputationRep:
    :itsme: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon everybody :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    hey i been up yonks before even became hypersexual as a result... join my frigging ass in insomniac matrimony :p: lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh fight club:

He's insomniac...

Doctor tells him to chew Valerian Root and get exercise...

What's Valerian root???????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Pah, call yourselves insomniacs - where are you all now? Eh? :p:
    I'm here, although I don't need to be on tsr 24/7. I stayed up all night yesterday watching neighbours lol.

(Original post by unfinished sympathy)
    wow layla! 40 hours, for me 26 hours and i fell asleep in school missed english cos noone noticed
    Yeah exams. Go figure. :rolleyes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by layla*)
    I'm here, although I don't need to be on tsr 24/7. I stayed up all night yesterday watching neighbours lol.
    And again! Mein Gott, this just isn't good enough, people! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I beg your pardon!!?? :rolleyes: I stayed up till 5am last night and had to get up one hour later to catch a plane! Not my fault I wasn't near a pc!

ReputationRep:
    :wtf?: And how long have you stayed up for? Huh, huh? :hmmm: I don't see you up now anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    And this is how most of my nights are like, I usually get 2/3 hours sleep early morning. Its like I'm permanently jet lagged or summit. I hate it, cos I start to worry and stress all night thinking of worries etc... and then I make myself get those mild panic attacks, oh I get alot of those, Im really relaxed and then suddenly my heart starts beating dead fast and I feel out of breath and have to keep taking deep breaths and I start to sweat and oh its awful, the only way I can stop this from happening is drinking a glass of ice cold water. And omg, I just realised Ive written too much and Ill stop moaning.

Does anyone else get like this, or is it just me?
    Hello there everyone...

I know this post was made over a year ago..but blueangel, i know EXACTLY what you mean!!!!! I get EXACTLY THE SAME!! How are things for you know?? I know exactly what you mean--i couldn't agree with you more about the panic attack thing. Have you got any tips?? And how is your sleeping now??

Mine is bad. I go to bed at 11, lie there for about 2-3 hours, and get to sleep at around 2am. It is so annoying, and then when I cant sleep I start worrying and have panic attacks like you.

Btw, can I join??

It's great to know that i'm not the only one!!

Thanks blueangel, you rule! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiler_uk)
    Hello there everyone...

I know this post was made over a year ago..but blueangel, i know EXACTLY what you mean!!!!! I get EXACTLY THE SAME!! How are things for you know?? I know exactly what you mean--i couldn't agree with you more about the panic attack thing. Have you got any tips?? And how is your sleeping now??

Mine is bad. I go to bed at 11, lie there for about 2-3 hours, and get to sleep at around 2am. It is so annoying, and then when I cant sleep I start worrying and have panic attacks like you.

Btw, can I join??

^^ When I cant sleep I start to worry and panic too ... I thought it was just me. phew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiler_uk)
    Hello there everyone...

Btw, can I join??

Isn't really that late to be falling asleep. Alot of insomniacs get 1-2 hours sleep a night maximum, and can go for 2 or 3 days with no sleep at all.

ReputationRep:
    I wanna join this soc but I'm in six already that I don't wanna leave...

And I also wanna join the odd people society... :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by creamcrackered)
    I wanna join this soc but I'm in six already that I don't wanna leave...

And I also wanna join the odd people society... :bawling:
    You can be in eight i think

ReputationRep:
    heh, its now 6.05 am here, a couiple of hours before i go to sleep, i have developed the uncanny knack of turning nocturnal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    You can be in eight i think
    Well BA said she couldn't join me cus I'm in six

ReputationRep:
    Well BA said she couldn't join me cus I'm in six
    How can i get back into a normal sleep pattern before results day?

I have to get up early, and at the mo it aint gonna happen

Unless i just dont go to sleep at all that may work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unfinished sympathy)
    How can i get back into a normal sleep pattern before results day?

I have to get up early, and at the mo it aint gonna happen

Unless i just dont go to sleep at all that may work!
    hmmm, it's difficult if you've got full on insomnia.

Pills, although they didn't work with me, and had horrid side effects on me, think I was allergic or something...

My psychology teacher said write all problems you think you need to solve on a bit of paper that says you'll do them later. It clears your filled up mind or something. I did that. Was short-lived.

Reading boring material. But your mind wanders to just think of stuff if your imagination is too active like mine.

I'm not sure... The two best soutions for me:

Drink lots of booze. Knocks me out, but then I tend to get up too late for things.
    Do loads of grueling exercise... Tires you out, you go to sleep...

They're my best remedies...

Or you can try not sleeping, but may make you feel ill and most likely grouchy like I've been before.

That enough for ya?

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, it's difficult if you've got full on insomnia.

Pills, although they didn't work with me, and had horrid side effects on me, think I was allergic or something...

My psychology teacher said write all problems you think you need to solve on a bit of paper that says you'll do them later. It clears your filled up mind or something. I did that. Was short-lived.

Reading boring material. But your mind wanders to just think of stuff if your imagination is too active like mine.

I'm not sure... The two best soutions for me:

Drink lots of booze. Knocks me out, but then I tend to get up too late for things.
    Do loads of grueling exercise... Tires you out, you go to sleep...

They're my best remedies...

Or you can try not sleeping, but may make you feel ill and most likely grouchy like I've been before.

That enough for ya?
    hehehe cheers :p:

2 probs i dont drink and when i exercise it wakes me up, i mean wtf?

i think im gonna have to just say up all night, it shouldnt be too hard. Just means ill be extra emotional if theyre good or bad! Tears all round i think!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.