Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Haha, thanks. Always been in it though. How long have you been an 'insomniac'? There isn't like a medication for us insomniacs, is there? If there is, I wouldn't want to take it anyhow.

(Original post by layla*)
    Haha, thanks. Always been in it though. How long have you been an 'insomniac'? There isn't like a medication for us insomniacs, is there? If there is, I wouldn't want to take it anyhow.
    I dont know how long ive been an insomniac lol....and no theres no medication for insomniacs apart from sleeping pills which dont work for me, they make my eyes dry lol...

ReputationRep:
    Sleeping pills? I've never taken any, nor would I want to. If caffeine i.e coffee doesn't even work for me, then I don't think sleeping pills will either.

Sleeping pills? I've never taken any, nor would I want to. If caffeine i.e coffee doesn't even work for me, then I don't think sleeping pills will either.
    Caffeine is supposed to stop you from sleeping love lol...

Anyway..im off to watch some films...might catch ya on later...if not then...Good Morning!

ReputationRep:
    No, but I'm pretty strange you see. Whenever I want to stay awake, I can't. Goes vice versa.

Alright then, see you later. Enjoy the movies. :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    hello. anyone. anyone here!?!?!?

im sick of durham posts they are all smart and mock me

but not you.. no, you too are insomniacs...

went to bed 7.15am yesterday

now no1s up, and its oh so quiet :s

ReputationRep:
    :hello: Hiiiiiiiiii I'm here and around somewhere. My internet connection's slow though, so it takes a while to reply.

ReputationRep:
    so..insomnia...aye...

think im guna write about it for my dissertation at uni

ReputationRep:
    Hah, about insomnia? Couldn't you find a better topic? Why insomnia?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm the joy of being up at ridiculous hours of the morning, always fun! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily. Unless you skip your sleeping time and stay up all night without any sleep, you'll feel like a walking zombie in the morning. I often feel neaseous if I do that.

ReputationRep:
    That is true. However when you simply can't sleep and just stay there lying in bed, thinking and tossing and turning which I certainly find to be far worse than sitting on here.

ReputationRep:
    Hah, you've got a point there. I hate it whenever that happens to me. Sucks so much especially if you're trying to wake up early the next morning.

ReputationRep:
    It certainly does. If there is an important reason I need to be up early and function properly, rather than getting three hours sleep I would rather take a sleeping tablet.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, no. Actually I'd rather not take those sleeping pills. I hate medicine, drugs or any form of medication. I'd avoid them at all cost if I can - especially if I don't need them.

ReputationRep:
    Grrrrrr stupid-not-being-able-to-sleep-no-matter-what-I-do.

Grrrrr stupid-having-bad-dreams-so-that-even-if-I-do-sleep-I-wake-up-after-a-dream-then-can't-get-back-to-sleep.

Grrrrr stupid-the-fact-that-no-matter-what-time-I-do-finally-fall-asleep-I'll-still-wake-up-at-6am.

Grrrrr stupid-insomnia :banghead:

:bawling:

/rant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gem)
    Grrrrrr stupid-not-being-able-to-sleep-no-matter-what-I-do.

Grrrrr stupid-having-bad-dreams-so-that-even-if-I-do-sleep-I-wake-up-after-a-dream-then-can't-get-back-to-sleep.

Grrrrr stupid-the-fact-that-no-matter-what-time-I-do-finally-fall-asleep-I'll-still-wake-up-at-6am.

Grrrrr stupid-insomnia :banghead:

:bawling:

/rant
    Awww :hugs: There, there Gem. There's really nothing to it. Those 'bad' dreams just come from your fear etc from your subconscious mind. It's really nothing. You shouldn't worry about them.

Hmm, can't sleep and waking up so early is something I don't actually have a constructive solution to. I'd say, you could take those sleeping tablets, but I wouldn't recommend it tbh. And waking up early is better than waking up late. I'd love to be in your position if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    Awww :hugs: There, there Gem. There's really nothing to it. Those 'bad' dreams just come from your fear etc from your subconscious mind. It's really nothing. You shouldn't worry about them.

Hmm, can't sleep and waking up so early is something I don't actually have a constructive solution to. I'd say, you could take those sleeping tablets, but I wouldn't recommend it tbh. And waking up early is better than waking up late. I'd love to be in your position if I were you.
    Thanks :hugs: It's just me getting annoying with myself for not being able to sleep. Do you ever get that?

I don't do tablets either, I read your post above, I know what you mean. That's not to say I think bad of anyone that *does* take tablets

As for bad dreams, I'd just like ONE night without them!

What are you doing up? Anything on your mind me dear?

I think if I'm still awake at 5 I'll walk over the fields and watch the sun rise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gem)
    Thanks :hugs: It's just me getting annoying with myself for not being able to sleep. Do you ever get that?

I don't do tablets either, I read your post above, I know what you mean. That's not to say I think bad of anyone that *does* take tablets

As for bad dreams, I'd just like ONE night without them!

What are you doing up? Anything on your mind me dear?

I think if I'm still awake at 5 I'll walk over the fields and watch the sun rise.

Yes, I do. Those are the nights when I toss and turn on my bed and end up going on msn again during the crack of dawn. It frustrates me so much; sometimes I feel like crying.

Yeah, exactly. They can take the pills for all I care, but I'm not one who'd give into that sort of temptation or 'the easy way out'.

Oh, people get dreams every night. Even those who don't remember them. I'm assuming you want to be one of those people who can't recall their dreams the night before. But I love having dreams actually. I get strange ones. Nightmares, random, recurring ones...just all sorts. Even though I don't understand what they're trying to convey to me, I kind of enjoy having them - especially the nice ones. :p:

I'm up coz I can't be bothered to go to sleep. Getting tired now though, so I might try to get some sleep after this post. Meh, it's almost 6 over here! I better get off and get to bed. And you should too, you know. Possibly after watching that sun rise.

Right, nighty night Gem. Nice speaking to you! :hugs: :wavey: xxx

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.