Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saruman)
    Well, there's two ways:

1) Go into Adobe Imageready and use transparency and multiple layers to edit the userbar so it fades from one to another....
    2) Google "animated userbar" and find a site that does it for you I must admit I was lazy and did that, though it does have the disadvantage that, when I want to add another bar in, I have to add all of the others from scratch, plus I can't have more than 10 bars in one animation....

But it's still a lot easier

-Saruman
    Lol, ok... I may have misunderstood what you meant by "user bar". What's one of those?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Lol, ok... I may have misunderstood what you meant by "user bar". What's one of those?
    It's the little picture-rectangle-thing that's animated, shows things like "Iron Maiden fan" "LOTR fan" "Aldous Huxley fan" etc.

This:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    I think mine's either 8 or 10 hours; can't really remember as it was alcohol-induced....

One of the many reasons I don't drink anymore

-Saruman
    I don't drink either At least, I've never been drunk. I don't have any aversion to it, save for the fact that alcohol in general tastes disgusting, so drinking enough to get drunk turns my stomach :p:. Then again, drinking too much would probably turn my stomach, too, so I guess I'm not missing much :p:.

Besides, maybe you ought to drink more - you'll sure as hell get some decent sleep :p:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Was just watching Ste on the webcam, and he plastered his wall with ketchup :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    It's the little picture-rectangle-thing that's animated, shows things like "Iron Maiden fan" "LOTR fan" "Aldous Huxley fan" etc.

This:

-Saruman
    Wow! That's a pretty cool thing! I want one

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink either At least, I've never been drunk. I don't have any aversion to it, save for the fact that alcohol in general tastes disgusting, so drinking enough to get drunk turns my stomach :p:. Then again, drinking too much would probably turn my stomach, too, so I guess I'm not missing much :p:.

Besides, maybe you ought to drink more - you'll sure as hell get some decent sleep :p:
    Sneh, me drunk is not a good thing. I can't stand beer or cider, but put a vodka and orange juice in front of me, or a whiskey, and it'll be gone in seconds :p:. Correction: would have been gone in seconds, I don't go near it now. Had a major incident that was not good, and then 3 more incidents after that, that I am very glad I had friends to talk to me at the time and stop me doing anything stupid.

Besides, the last time I had a drunken night's sleep, I woke up at 11:30 to find someone else cooking breakfast (I was the cook), and ended up standing there nursing my hangover and giving directions on what order to cook stuff, how long for, etc. :p:

Didn't get rid of the hangover until the next day

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Wow! That's a pretty cool thing! I want one

Pretty basic, but I didn't have much to go on from your profile....

I'm off for a shower, just so that I can get into bed when I need to

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Sneh, me drunk is not a good thing. I can't stand beer or cider, but put a vodka and orange juice in front of me, or a whiskey, and it'll be gone in seconds :p:. Correction: would have been gone in seconds, I don't go near it now. Had a major incident that was not good, and then 3 more incidents after that, that I am very glad I had friends to talk to me at the time and stop me doing anything stupid.

Besides, the last time I had a drunken night's sleep, I woke up at 11:30 to find someone else cooking breakfast (I was the cook), and ended up standing there nursing my hangover and giving directions on what order to cook stuff, how long for, etc. :p:

Didn't get rid of the hangover until the next day

-Saruman
    Ouch. See, it's exactly that kind of story that puts me off drinking. It just doesn't seem worth it - and I'm quite capable of having a great time without alcohol, being somewhat loud and liking to laugh a lot. So, drinking - to me - is just something other people do 'cos they're idiots :p: (no offense).

Good on you for quitting! Respec'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    :rofl: Was just watching Ste on the webcam, and he plastered his wall with ketchup :rofl:
    Is he drunk!? Idiot :p:

ReputationRep:
    Is he drunk!? Idiot :p:
    I asked him and said no, but he probably is because I saw a massive crate of beer :p:

ReputationRep:

Pretty basic, but I didn't have much to go on from your profile....

I'm off for a shower, just so that I can get into bed when I need to

-Saruman
    Oh, man! That is so cool! Can I nick that!?

ReputationRep:
    Night ppl

ReputationRep:
    Oh, man! That is so cool! Can I nick that!?

Yeah, of course, go for it

I don't tend to talk about what the incidents were - they're of a rather delicate nature, and I'd rather it stayed as only me and my 2 closest friends knowing.

(Original post by Mustard-man)
    Night ppl
    :ciao: Sleep well

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Haha, of course! I didn't ask, either It's none of my business, dude. I'm just glad you got out of the habit Respec' to you for that.

Thank you for the userbar .

Good night Saruman, Jason

ReputationRep:
    Haha, of course! I didn't ask, either It's none of my business, dude. I'm just glad you got out of the habit Respec' to you for that.

Thank you for the userbar .

Good night Saruman, Jason
    Yeah, I know I just felt that my ambiguiity might need a slight bit of explaining. And thanks, I'm glad I'm out of it too . No probs on the userbar, I'm just sorry it's so small!

You're not running off and leaving me here?!?! :eek:

Night night, sleep well

-Ben

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! I'm still here lol. I thought you were going...?

And don't worry, you don't need to explain yourself to me I think it's best being non-judgemental on TSR, so I'm fine with it

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! I'm still here lol. I thought you were going...?
    No, you haven't gotten rid of me that easily :p:

And don't worry, you don't need to explain yourself to me I think it's best being non-judgemental on TSR, so I'm fine with it
    :hugs: Thanks

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Anytime, dude

So, what sort of music are you into?

ReputationRep:
    Anytime, dude

So, what sort of music are you into?
    Well, it's kind of a random mix.....

I play clarinet and saxophone, grades 8 and 7 respectively, and love classical music - anything from the renaissance period up to early modern (Steve Reich, Stravinksy, Shostakovich, and some of John Cage's work) is great for me . One of the things I'm looking forward to about going home is picking up a 6-CD classical compilation that I've got in the post :cool:. Yet, as my userbar suggests, I also like some modern music; namely Iron Maiden, DragonForce, Kamelot and Thunderstone, and (recently) Snow Patrol - though those are the only bands I like :p:. Oh, and film themes too - gotta like those.... :cool:

So, pretty weird - mainly classical, with 4 metal bands and a softer band thrown in . How about you?

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's kind of a random mix.....

I play clarinet and saxophone, grades 8 and 7 respectively, and love classical music - anything from the renaissance period up to early modern (Steve Reich, Stravinksy, Shostakovich, and some of John Cage's work) is great for me . One of the things I'm looking forward to about going home is picking up a 6-CD classical compilation that I've got in the post :cool:. Yet, as my userbar suggests, I also like some modern music; namely Iron Maiden, DragonForce, Kamelot and Thunderstone, and (recently) Snow Patrol - though those are the only bands I like :p:. Oh, and film themes too - gotta like those.... :cool:

So, pretty weird - mainly classical, with 4 metal bands and a softer band thrown in . How about you?

-Saruman
    Nice! I can't say I've ever gotten into classical music - I've never been exposed to it. Respect! Grade 8 & 7! That's impressive I play guitar (as you know)- been at it for a year and a half, and I play at around grade 5.

So, as a guitarist, I like anything that has decent guitars to it. Snow Patrol are ok, but they're a bit depressing I'm into more upbeat stuff, like Jimmy Eat World, Red Hot Chilli Peppers etc. I also quite like my acoustic blues stuff - so, John Mayer, Jack Johnson - that sort of thing

Heard of any of them?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.