Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, for all you LOTR fans out there it may be worthwhile for me to let you know -tickets are available for the booking.

Just got my long awaited notification email from Warner and consequently made my booking (opening night ).

Appologies, perhaps the thread is a wee bit unecessary but...blah.

Egan

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I've booked mine as well (luxury seats - front & centre).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Yes, I've booked mine as well (luxury seats - front & centre).
    bah, i thought the way didnt go for luxeries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    bah, i thought the way didnt go for luxeries
    You know nothing. We believe in intellectual elitism. Those who are smarter are superior...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Well, for all you LOTR fans out there it may be worthwhile for me to let you know -tickets are available for the booking.

Just got my long awaited notification email from Warner and consequently made my booking (opening night ).

Appologies, perhaps the thread is a wee bit unecessary but...blah.

Egan
    Hey, did you know that showings of ROTK at Warner Cinemas have a 15 minute interval in the middle of the movie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denia xxxxxxxxx)
    Hey, did you know that showings of ROTK at Warner Cinemas have a 15 minute interval in the middle of the movie?
    what a good idea... i wish they'd done that in the 2nd one...i got all fidgety (even though my cinema is lurvely + comfy)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denia xxxxxxxxx)
    Yep, twas on the email.

Seems a reasonable idea, stop those week-bladdered watchers from getting up all through the film.

Who have you booked with Mr White? You can't book seating positions at the cinema near me. Alas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Yep, twas on the email.

Seems a reasonable idea, stop those week-bladdered watchers from getting up all through the film.

Who have you booked with Mr White? You can't book seating positions at the cinema near me. Alas.
    The Odeon in Bournemouth - it's the nearest cinema that allowed pre-booking.

How long is this film going to be, anyway?

ReputationRep:
    3 hours 10 minutes, I believe. Can't wait

ReputationRep:
    3 hours 20 minutes I believe. That's running time- excluding any breaks etc.

Looks like the extended DVD is going to be a nice length aswell- considering they will have all the Saruman bits etc to stick back in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)

Looks like the extended DVD is going to be a nice length aswell- considering they will have all the Saruman bits etc to stick back in.
    Why couldn't they make it 3 hours 27 minutes and include the Orthanc bits with Wormtongue (and Saruman)? I think I'm going to cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)

What was their reason for leaving Saruman out anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    What was their reason for leaving Saruman out anyway?
    They're all idiots / Peter Jackson had a lobotomy.

ReputationRep:
    i'm going while i'm on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    i'm going while i'm on holiday.
    Not somewhere in Europe, I hope. It would really ruin the experience to have to watch the film dubbed.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/tv...00/3292589.stm

here's the article on the split in 2 of the movie by nesround.

ReputationRep:
    Why couldn't they make it 3 hours 27 minutes and include the Orthanc bits with Wormtongue (and Saruman)? I think I'm going to cry.
    There there, tis a shame to be sure but I daresay it'll still be exceedingly good.

I don't really understand how they can wrap it up without involving Grima and Saruman but as it is we shall just have to wait (*weeps*) until the extra footage it released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    There there, tis a shame to be sure but I daresay it'll still be exceedingly good.

I don't really understand how they can wrap it up without involving Grima and Saruman but as it is we shall just have to wait (*weeps*) until the extra footage it released.
    *sobs* how can they do this?

I still have hope - you never know, it might just be a rumour / publicity stunt...

ReputationRep:
    You know nothing. We believe in intellectual elitism. Those who are smarter are superior...
    Amen!

ReputationRep:
    Not somewhere in Europe, I hope. It would really ruin the experience to have to watch the film dubbed.
    don't worry. my family spends christmas in Dublin Ireland. fantastic place to be at christmas.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.