The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yeah, I did it. It was alright on the whole. There were some difficult questions but nothing too bad. I hope I've done alright, I actually revised for it! Engineering is the most boring thing to revise for. :redface:

Michael
Reply 2
Me! I did it too.
I dont think its too boring - Im going to do a National Diploma in Automotive Engineering instead of As so I guess I betta have done well!

Mind you, I reckon I only got a top B for my coursework, and was hoping for more....what with that and only an average paper. today... :frown:
Reply 3
zippy_gerbil
There were entire concepts in that paper that we hadn't covered properly, like examples of systems control technology.

I know what you mean - the last question, about 'sustainabilty' was a nightmare - 5 marks! Some of the questions were misleading and repetitive, I thought, especially when trying to trick you with the 'supplier / manufacturer / retailer' part. Overall, not too difficult, but took me the full 90 minutes (finished with about 30 seconds left).

Interestingly, though, I did it at the same place as Starsailor, a college near to where we live. About 25 people started the exam - by the end, there was only three of us left! People found it so difficult that they were leaving after about 40 minutes, so hopefully the grade boundaries will be low!

Latest