Hair Dye ??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
j4mes_bond25
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Further to the recent craze within me of dyeing my hair to medium to light blonde, I managed to get the colour I fancy getting, the very first time I dyed it, however, 2nd time, I couldn't get the proper colour, while the 3rd time, I got bit better result than 2nd time, but still no where nearer to what I got the very first time.

I'm using the same packet of Jerome Russell hair dye & used it 3 times, so far. Wonder why I'm still getting different colour each time ??? I've a bleach & dye within the packet, so I wonder, as if I should be adding MORE of a "bleach powder" within the mixture, next time rather than adding more of a "liquid dye" ???

Can anyone, especially those who's tried doing something similar, enlighten me as if adding more "bleach powder" results in more light coloured hair on almost black coloured hair OR should I be adding "bleach powder" & "liquid dye" in equal proportion ???

I also fancy knowing whether there's any health concern, with regards to dyeing hair ???

Finally, I would be rather interested in knowing YOUR personal thoughts or experience with dyeing your hair, in terms of whether it changed anything around you, in any way OR whether it made you look more/less attractive than what you were before dyeing your hair OR whether you ended-up hashing things up & had experienced anything horrible with the way you looked :eek:

Finally, the purpose of poll is to know the popular trend of hair dye colour, that people around TSR fancy having, presently.
Ynox
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my personal experience is that I got stinking drunk one night and decided to dye my hair bright green. It came out okishly though but it wasnt the brightest idea of mine.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I voted red, but I'm normally more of a purple person.

Are you using a dye that is supposed to be kept and reused? Most are for one application only, as the chemicals can go off
Hanzing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Id Love to dye my hair even more blonde.. But I have asenstivie scalp and it burns when I try and Dye. Ah well.
j4mes_bond25
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
I voted red, but I'm normally more of a purple person.

Are you using a dye that is supposed to be kept and reused? Most are for one application only, as the chemicals can go off
To be honest, I'm rather unsure about it, as it doesn't quite say anything about any of these 2 option on the pack.

It's quite a lot of quantity in the pack, which I won't be using in just one go, so decided to use it, as & when required. All I've done so far is merely opened the sachet of "bleach powder" & the "liquid dye bottle" is not opened until I decide to dye my hair again.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Is there a helpline number on the box? You could call and ask them! And if you're good at it, you might get a voucher for money off another pack!
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
light brown
Mr @
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd fancy dying my hair cosmic blue(?) its a reallllllllllly dark blue that looks almost black
j4mes_bond25
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
Is there a helpline number on the box? You could call and ask them! And if you're good at it, you might get a voucher for money off another pack!
Not the huge fan of "compensation culture" but I suppose, calling them surely makes sense
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (21)
25%
No - I got the required grades (52)
61.9%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (11)
13.1%

Watched Threads