Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Motoring Society Uni Car watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snmichaels)
    Not sure about the turbo fortwo, but yes the roadster is being stopped. People woulf rather have an mx-5
    MX-5 :toofunny: I must be the only person that thinks those cars are so ugly.

Just checked - the forTwo is a 698cc Turbocharged 3-cylinder engine. 0-60 18.3seconds :toofunny: 50BHP but only 730Kg...

ReputationRep:
    MX-5 is a hairdressers car. I'd much rather an RX7/8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    MX-5 is a hairdressers car. I'd much rather an RX7/8
    RX8 is very nice, seen one on Monday with a horrid paint job though:

http://www.xycomuk.com/pics/MotorExp...os/photo46.jpg

ReputationRep:
    RX-8 = what's called a 50 feet car. It only looks nice from about 50 feet . The closer you get, they more confused it looks. Still, I'm more concerned about performance than looks, so I can let it pass.

But if I wanted both, I would go for the RX-7. Beautiful car, and very fast.

The mx-5 is not that bad. Yes, it has the stigma of being a hairdressers car, which is about 95% true sadly , but it is also a drivers car. Have any of you ever actually driven one? They're perfectly balanced, quick (not fast, but quick), open top, rear-wheel drive and a great transmission, and reasonably priced. Like I said, I'm more biased towards performance. I'm well aware of both, but the one takes preference over the other for me. That's why I can forgive the stigma that surrounds the mx-5, or the Miata which they call it in America. Miata, that makes it even worse :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Smart Fortwo's need a turbo just to get out of there own way.

Might come out with a V6 version of the smart roadster. A Brabus. They're fusing two of the 3cyl engines. I don't know if they'll turbo that, but they better. Knowing them, they'll charge about £25k for it :rolleyes: But it still would be fun. I think the Brabus roadsters look really really nice. Only in black or dark metallic grey. I saw one at a dealership by my place, and it had the Lambo doors. Do all the Brabus versions have the lambo doors?

ReputationRep:
    LOL u never know, they might put a mercedes supercharger on it :laugh:

Dunno about the lambo doors, this is something I need to investigate! Saw some roadsters on display the other day but didn't have much of a look at them cos I knew they were stopping them, but might go back and have a look n see if they have any Brabus ones.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the chiswick smart dealership, they've got a grey one in the window with lambo doors. It looks nice

ReputationRep:
    Nice, might have a look if I'm in the area. Must be at least a factory option if it's at a main dealers, don't think it will be standard though

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.