Scroll to see replies

What exam was this?
Reply 2
ljfrugn
What exam was this?

Edescel S1.......:biggrin::biggrin:

Was so ****ing Easy :smile:

Im sooooooo happy :smile::biggrin:
What day was that on? Did you take the exam early or something?
Reply 4
ljfrugn
What day was that on? Did you take the exam early or something?

The exam was this morning for students in the UK.
Reply 5
Much easier than the January 2005 paper! I reckon I might have lost a mark or two on question 1 though where they ask you to explain your answer. What did people put? I put things like positive and negative correlation and that the y values increase as the x values increase, etc.
Reply 6
Chris87
Much easier than the January 2005 paper! I reckon I might have lost a mark or two on question 1 though where they ask you to explain your answer. What did people put? I put things like positive and negative correlation and that the y values increase as the x values increase, etc.

Yeah oh you can do the thing where you move the axes to the mean of x and mean of y and look at the points scattered across the positive/negative quadrants.
I screwed up :frown:
Reply 8
I thought it was quite nice, harder than January but still quite easy.
Reply 9
i did horribly :frown:
there was a black out over here....no electricity in the whole city (this is in Dubai, UAE..if u dont know it, google it)
and its about 45degress C outside today
i was seriously going to collapse
everyone took the school bus into the next city and we wrote our exams over there and by then i was so tired and exhausted and dehydrated and worn out i couldnt care less about my exam adn i think i screwed up. :s-smilie:
bad luck, i think i wouldve done better if not for all the other problems...oh well cant do anything now, i dont even remember the questions on it...
Reply 10
distortedgav
I thought it was quite nice, harder than January but still quite easy.

harder than january?! :eek:
u gota b kidding!
hajira
harder thab january?! :eek:
u gota b kidding!

Hey give the guy a break.... Just because u were on a good day doesn't mean everyone else is....

Harder-Easier my ass. Statistics Paper 1 is a bunch of crap, no-one should be happy for achieving anything or feel bad because he failed it.
Reply 12
Michael Mourao
Hey give the guy a break.... Just because u were on a good day doesn't mean everyone else is....

Harder-Easier my ass. Statistics Paper 1 is a bunch of crap, no-one should be happy for achieving anything or feel bad because he failed it.

true
not just S1..all of statsi say
i didnt mean to sound harsh there :blushing:
hajira
true
not just S1..all of statsi say
i didnt mean to sound harsh there :blushing:

me neither :biggrin: Good luck with the rest of ur exams
Reply 14
Michael Mourao
me neither :biggrin: Good luck with the rest of ur exams

same to u :smile:
n incidently..everyone! :biggrin:
Reply 15
I might have lost a mark for the box plot question because I put the minimum value as -12 when it wasn't valid. Apart from that I think I did alright :smile:
Reply 16
for question two, that one where we were given a formula to evaluate the skewedness. was it positive or negative?
Reply 17
Positive skew I think since Q3-Q2 > Q2-Q1
Reply 18
Yup :biggrin:
Reply 19
my answers for question one were so basic

i matched diagram A/B/C with their corresponding number thingy then just said slightly positive value therefore positive correlation....etc not that exactly, but along the lines of that, or whether it was close to -1, 0 or 1. Is that wrong?

Latest