The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
oh and for the positive skew, i didnt work it out. I just said a positive skew. I just knew in my head :frown: dammit i dont put enough down on paper
Reply 21
ClaireC
my answers for question one were so basic

i matched diagram A/B/C with their corresponding number thingy then just said slightly positive value therefore positive correlation....etc not that exactly, but along the lines of that, or whether it was close to -1, 0 or 1. Is that wrong?

I used the lay of da points to prove my point of view :biggrin:
Reply 22
It was a nice exam overall, but for the "use interpolation to find Q1, Q2 and Q3" was it 1/2nth value or 1/2(n+1)th value for median?
Reply 23
Kernel
It was a nice exam overall, but for the "use interpolation to find Q1, Q2 and Q3" was it 1/2nth value or 1/2(n+1)th value for median?

I think so, but iused the law:

Q2= b+[(n/2-F)/Fc]*c
Reply 24
Kernel

1/2nth I think.
Michael Mourao
Hey give the guy a break.... Just because u were on a good day doesn't mean everyone else is....

Harder-Easier my ass. Statistics Paper 1 is a bunch of crap, no-one should be happy for achieving anything or feel bad because he failed it.

well said dude!! cheered me up :smile:
Reply 26
RDoh
1/2nth I think.

1/2nth is used in the book.
Reply 27
KOH
I think so, but iused the law:

Q2= b+[(n/2-F)/Fc]*c

Yeah, ditto, I spotted it in the book about 5 mins before the exam, which was lucky, cos I'd forgotten all about doing that to find the mean.
Q2= b+[(n/2-F)/Fc]*c
You definitely use that formula when it asked for interpolation.