The Shakespeare Society Watch

silence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
it (the branagh version) is available on vhs, but i guess that format's pretty redundant now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...065253-4818864
rottcodd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
that's the one! They really should release it on DVD because it was such a great adaption of it.
mariana05
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
HI, Can I join?
I have to admit Hamlet is my favorite and I have to agree (the branagh version) is spectacular.
silence
Rep:
?
go to user control panel, then group memberships to join properly (and get the shakespeare picture next to your information).
sugarplumc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh I loved the branagh version, though I've heard the mel gibson one is surprisingly good too!
by the way, would it be a good idea to pick a play to talk about every once in a while? it might be a good way of getting to know all the plays, instead of just the most famous ones/the ones we've done in school
*~vicki~*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hello! can i join? I really enjoy shakespeares work. I'm studying Othello this year for A- level and i've seen the kenneth branagh (sp?) adaptation and really enjoyed it, so i'm looking forward to studying the play in depth when i go back after summer
mariana05
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
YEAY!
I am in!
ok lets talk shakespeare
last_train
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Has anyone seen Nicholas Hynter's Henry IV part 1 and 2 in London? It was amazing. Falstaff is my all-time fav character.
Lirael Abhorsen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
haven't seen the Henry IV play but studied some parts of the text in english.. remember the battlefield scenes with Falstaff and the prince and the prince was like "many a nobleman lies stark and stiff under the hooves of vaunting enemies" while Fal. was mockingly looking at the dead bodies saying "there's honour for you" very cool
Lirael Abhorsen
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
out of Shakespeare plays i've read MacBeth -our yr 5 christmas play i was a tree in it hahaha, Midsummer Night's Dream, Twelfth Night, Romeo and Juliet, The Taming of the Shrew, and Merchant of Venice.. loved the Merchant so clever and Shylock what a character... studied Merchant for a level got 86/90 on the unit
Jayjayjay
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I love the Taming of the Shrew - one of my favourites and The Tempest as it is so busy!!! I got an A for that too!!
Endymion
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've recently seen a production of Titus Andronicus and I have to admit, it's one of my favourite Shakespeare plays now. So many deaths and such an exciting plot; it never fails to loose your attention. It's under appreciated and over looked I think.
rottcodd
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
[QUOTE=Jayjayjay]I love the Taming of the ShrewQUOTE]

I really enjoyed studying that play too! so what did you think, petruchio was evil, or did he really like kate? And was kate being sarcastic at the end or did she really fall in love with him? I was always ambiguous in my essays on that play because I could never make up my mind!
mariana05
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If any of you is ever in a light mood, the kind of mood that makes watching a chick flick acceptable, you should watch "ten things I hate about you". based on The Taming of the Shrew (they even kept the names as in kate and company),. It's a sweet highschool teenage love story and Heath leadger looks Uber hot in it.
Endymion
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mariana05)
If any of you is ever in a light mood, the kind of mood that makes watching a chick flick acceptable, you should watch "ten things I hate about you". based on The Taming of the Shrew (they even kept the names as in kate and company),. It's a sweet highschool teenage love story and Heath leadger looks Uber hot in it.
I agree, Ten Things I Hate About You is a great film. I laughed hugely when the guy careered off the road and crashed down the hill on his moped. Highly comical!
*~vicki~*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i really enjoyed that film! and heath ledger does look hot in it- yet another good reason to watch it!
last_train
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah that film is very fun and a cool soundtrack too I think.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mariana05)
That's one of my favourite films!
rottcodd
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Has anyone seen the BBC adverts for a new adaption of midsummer nights dream? It looks really good! Very colourful and a bit quirky, as it should be.
silence
Rep:
?
nope, and probably won't get to see it when it's on because my uni accomm has a poor tv singal apparently.

out of interest, does anyone know what it's like in the globe standing? it's only £5, but it it a pain in the leg(s)?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads