Turn on thread page Beta

French Listening Was So Easy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by langleyster)
    I did Edexcel Higher i and thought that it was fairly hard, but the reading so even harder! It was more harder than mr and mrs harder went to hard land and found things very hard!
    I did Edexcel Higher too. I found the Listening impossible (but I always find any French listening impossible - whether it is easy or not) but I thought the Reading was okay.

I hope the writing topics are good.

ReputationRep:
    the last section was the hardest for me lol
    and the multiple choice one where you had to put the subject they were talking about eg politics, crime, education etc
    was totally tricky..they totally tied to confuse ppl
    pfft well think i did ok anyways..not bad

ReputationRep:
    The question about not using cars in summer..

did anyone put in summer because theres a lot of touristes? I didnt know whether to write down circulation or tourists, so in the end i chose tourists..what about everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I put tourists!

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA Higher - yep, it was easy. Well, most people thought so. Some thought it was hard, but it was definitely easier than past papers. I don't know whether this is down to it actually being easier or down to familiarity with the format of the paper etc., though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    The question about not using cars in summer..

did anyone put in summer because theres a lot of touristes? I didnt know whether to write down circulation or tourists, so in the end i chose tourists..what about everyone else?
    I put touristes. I'm sure that's right. In the preperation time I guessed that that's what the answer would be!!

ReputationRep:
    no because : il y a beaucoup de circulation a cause de touriste - so that translates:

there is a lot of traffic caused by tourists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final_F)
    I put touristes. I'm sure that's right. In the preperation time I guessed that that's what the answer would be!!
    I put tourists. But it's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    the example didnt even mention cars so i was like wtf
    Its an example. Just to get you into the mindset of it.

ok one of the questions about the radio stations, i'm sure i heard something about college, which would lead to you believe education was the answer. HOWEVER then i heard pompiers and upon looking at my teacher's face, which had the expression "if any of you put education on this answer i'll kill you" I thought that AQA were trying to call my bluff so i put down the only other answer that seemed logical to me.
    Yeah, I put incendie for that I think. Talking about a school burning down and firefighters isn't education :P

ps - you had your teacher as invigilator? If you only have one invigilator aren't you not allowed to have your teacher? Isn't it meant to be somebody "neutral"?

I put tourists. But it's wrong.
    I put circulation, because I only saw "de" singular but thinking about it that's because its after beaucoup :P

ReputationRep:
    I put tourists, then crossed it out. Then put...um can't remember. I think I put that the cars were electric for the last one?! And pollution for one of the others?! It was definitely the stand out hard question of the paper, a mon avis! The rest were ok. Anyway, what do people think, "maternity leave" will I get the mark for the baby question?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i can't remember what the answer was but it definately wasn't tourists, cuz i worked it out after the exam..
    and also, I put education for the fire thing. how stupid was i?
    That was my worst exam so far.

ReputationRep:
    It said they chose the summer because there is a lot of traffic (circulation) caused by (a cause de) lots of tourists. So, I can't see how tourists is wrong. It also said that this causes a lot of pollution.

ReputationRep:
    was it me or was there something about electric cars ? i think i ****ed up my listening. I always do maybe its cos im half deaf and my school would not put me on special considerations as they dont want to taint their perfect no special reccomendations thing. So i was sitting about 10 m away and we had a P.e. teacher yes a p.e teacher stopping the tape. He sat there looking confused and didnt stop the tape for long enough and several times halfway through a sentence. I probably got 70% on that paper but my reading is excellent. I always get 90% or more.

Lol ... did any of you have a really old tape player where the sound got distorted when i was loud enough to hear . The sound quality was os bad ( i know this as iam techy savvy). IT was soooo bad mohammeds words seemed to slur into one another.

Oh yeah and someone was 15 mins late we all had to sit there and wait for him. He turned up in his own clothes and was pretty cool about it. HE IS DEAD. We all got worked up while our french teacher stood at the end of the classroom making the weird grins she makes at us. u know realllly cheesy , she left us with the pe teacher. *****! ive been doing rather well in my exams until the listening.

ReputationRep:
    Electric cars were an exception to the rule for prohibiting cars in the area. We got to hear the recording 3 times lol cos the tape player in the next room was so loud and about 20 seconds in front of us. Good luck with the rest of the exams all!

ReputationRep:
    thanks im gonna work real hard for my reading ...i actually might go into school and go to teacher for revision. well i think im gonna leave this and do my best on the 20th and then just wait for the dread 25/08/05 (a v important date for those who want to be succesful and to think about it ever since i learn of gcse in year 6 i have kinda feared them. Never really a levels ..ive just thought cool i can do my favourite subjects ...thank god im not doing french next year)

ReputationRep:
    LOL i did french AQA listening, the questions were easy probably because om doing foundation, the questions about the animals at the start were so easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidt)

ps - you had your teacher as invigilator? If you only have one invigilator aren't you not allowed to have your teacher? Isn't it meant to be somebody "neutral"?
    Ive had only my teacher in the room in three exams, all have taen place away from the main exam hall.

ReputationRep:
    It was very easy I found, section B was harder than last year, but just required some quick thinking! Section A was more of a joke than anything, the only thing that got me thinking a bit was the radio broadcast about the fire.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.