The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Vicki19
Hiya everyone!
Im currently in the process of selecting my UCAS choices for adult nursing and I think Nottingham will be one of them. Just wondering what Nottingham is like as a city for students, where's best to live, what the nightlife is like, things to do etc...

Nursing is a poor mans Medicine.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for that constructive reply
what do you want to know? I dont go there, but I live 5mins from the uni campus...and lived here all my life :smile: tis awesome for a night out here, majority of people are friendly, and ignore the whole crime ****-its ott on a large scale!
Reply 4
I'm just about to move in with a mate of mine who's doing adult nursing at notts! he's now going into the second year and loving the course, coursemates and the life!

There's a great variety of clubs / bars in the town, the actual notts uni SU bar is pretty shoddy but Trent SU is close to town and great for nights out!

Many students doing nursing / midwifery tend to live in raleigh park accommodation; it's relatively inexpensive, right close to the QMC (where you will spend almost all of your lectures / most of your placement) and close to the town centre (25mins-walking)

Any other questions?
Hey Vicki, I'm currently studying in Notts at the moment. Theres lots of different venues around the city so I'm sure you'll find something you like. I just wish I had more money so I could go out more often :smile: as theres a different venue for every night of the week during term time.
Reply 6
do bear in mind if you're not with nursing / midwifery students in raleigh then you will probably end up with malaysian transfer students, who are generally very clique-y and will not be ideal flatmates..

I wish i lived in Hugh Stu instead, still nice n close to QMC but you're catered n cleaned.. with a better atmosphere =)

Latest

Trending

Trending