Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i wish i could remember my answers

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember what they got for standard deviation?

15 or 64?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sequence123)
    Can anyone remember what they got for standard deviation?

15 or 64?
    it was aorund 15

ReputationRep:
    for some strange reason i wrote quartiles, instead od quadrants when justifying which pmcc represented which diagram, in question 1 I them. will I get at least one mark each for identifying correctly.
    yeah I did that too.. even if everything else we wrote (that was right0 would have got us the 6 marks do you reckon we will loose marks for writing a bit of rubbish at the end?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember how they did the interpolation?? I put everyhing into the formula but still ended up with reali high values

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit pissed off about making silly mistakes on a paper that easy...

But I'll tell you what I got wrong:

1. Question 3 I think (with the histogram and frequency density). I answered parts a to d and I *think* I got them right. Couldn't do e and f because I spent half a ****in hour trying to remember the stupid interpolation formula.

2. Buggered up a bit on the box plot I think - I didn't make the line go till 68 or what ever it was - I put it as an outlier - I put Q3+(1.5*IQR) as my max.

3. Their dodgey use of words made me think that there were 6 art students overall... I dunno what overall effect that had on the question.

Apart from that I think I was ok, so anyone up for guessing what grade I might get?

I'm also slightly pissed off about OCR putting new stuff into the Computing papers... cheap way to make us drop marks.

ReputationRep:
    i'm sure you'll do fine ...prolly an A im sure :P, i thought there were 6 students for art overall for the last ques too, dammit, and i got the reges. ques wrong too, it depends how u do on your other modules as well but either way theres no pint in worrying, whats done is done, you can't change anything, wait and see till the 18th, until then..positive thinking or not thinking about it at all usually works for me!!

ReputationRep:
    To the whisker thing: the text book said if there is an outlier in the upper part, then the upper boundary will be Q3+1.5(IQR) etc...mark a cross as outlier.....still i m not sure abt that.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PennyRoyalTea)
    i'm sure you'll do fine ...prolly an A im sure :P, i thought there were 6 students for art overall for the last ques too, dammit, and i got the reges. ques wrong too, it depends how u do on your other modules as well but either way theres no pint in worrying, whats done is done, you can't change anything, wait and see till the 18th, until then..positive thinking or not thinking about it at all usually works for me!!
    i did that at first then changed it. When i saw "corresponding values" i looked at it for a good 10 mins and realised.

As for the boxplot, there was 1 value about 45mins => this was an outlier therefore it should go to 45mins + a cross at 60 something [the outlier].

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know about the dates Edexcel will release results this year? (Sorry if I'm missing a thread that answers this question :/) Because Maths is my only Edexcel subject, and I'd like to know, but maybe no-one knows when the results will be out yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paperdoll)
    Do you guys know about the dates Edexcel will release results this year? (Sorry if I'm missing a thread that answers this question :/) Because Maths is my only Edexcel subject, and I'd like to know, but maybe no-one knows when the results will be out yet.
    All A-level results come out on the same day regardless of the exam board. I think its the third Thursday in August but I'd wait for someone else to confirm that.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is always the second to last Thursday in August (GCSE results are on the last Thrusday).

This year I think it is the 18th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    I used outlier 52 but didnt know what to do with the 63....I put 45 as highest
    52 was the upper extreme of the distribution.
    63 was the outlier.

Newton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireC)
    i wish i could remember my answers
    lol same, i have a really bad memory. however i did find S1 pretty ok!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris87)
    All A-level results come out on the same day regardless of the exam board. I think its the third Thursday in August but I'd wait for someone else to confirm that.
    Thanks, just wondering. Thing is, I'm in Northern Ireland, and last year I got my results on the 24th, but the 3 AQA GCSEs I did didn't make their way over 'til the 26th. I think. Or maybe that's just when they were posted out to me. Woah. I've just realised I have, like, no memory of last year.

(Original post by Newton)
    52 was the upper extreme of the distribution.
    63 was the outlier.
    Are you absolutely sure? I can't remember what I put anyway, but there seems to be huge debate in this thread over the 52/45 thing.

ReputationRep:
    Are you absolutely sure? I can't remember what I put anyway, but there seems to be huge debate in this thread over the 52/45 thing.
    Yeah there is a large debate. But what i want to know is, how many marks would you actually lose?

I mean i think the question was 6 or 7 marks?

You definatly got 1/2marks for finding any outliers above/below Q1/Q3 (i think)
    You got 1 mark for a correct scale possibley joint with a mark for the scale being labeled
    3-4 Marks for drawing the box-plot - with Q1, Q2, Q3, and the lower and upper limits?
    Then theres indicating the outlier - a mark for that maybe?

That comes to 6-8 marks already, so i think you would only lose 1 or max 2 if u put the upper limit wrong (as long as you got everything else right)

And also, the 45/52 dilemma on here is most probably the same with everyone else who sat the exam. So its probably something in the examiners report which will say "confusion" or something.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, just wondering. Thing is, I'm in Northern Ireland, and last year I got my results on the 24th, but the 3 AQA GCSEs I did didn't make their way over 'til the 26th. I think. Or maybe that's just when they were posted out to me. Woah. I've just realised I have, like, no memory of last year.

everyone ive spoken to has said thats its 45. THe question said only one value was higher than 45. Fair enough it didnt say there was one at 45, but I did a paper for revision and the question was very similar and in that case 45 would have been the upper limit.

Anyone know how much the m=0.300 question was out of? Thats hopefully the only marks ive dropped.

ReputationRep:
    the m=0.300 bit was worth 4 marks. i messed it up took < sign the wrong way lol. but i still standardised so hopefully i should get a mark there (says my maths teacher).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeyguru)
    the m=0.300 bit was worth 4 marks. i messed it up took < sign the wrong way lol. but i still standardised so hopefully i should get a mark there (says my maths teacher).
    do you know what the answer was. what was the actual value of 'm' ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherc2005)
    do you know what the answer was. what was the actual value of 'm' ?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 15, 2005

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.